Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a meeting Wednesday that involved the Federal Government and a City entity over the application of ADA to outdoor public facilities. The Feds made it very clear, that the ADA is not applicable to them and they will NOT comply with ANY provision of the public law. This government has gone completely rogue and we are the ones getting screwed. Our county has won 2 law suits recently over the Feds, about their refusing to comply with their own rules and laws. I see no hope for the OR riders now, to bring the state and Feds into compliance with the use of a modified ACE on all trails.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I read the other thread on this topic, it's the laws that need changing to allow this type of machine on the trails. I got it. If you really want to push the ADA thing, have the government declare the Ace with disability mods as a necessity for off road travel, then go ride a trail in Oregon, get stopped, arrested, find a lawyer, fight it, and win. But it would be easier to just petition the courts in Oregon to make a change, saying that an Ace with disability mods is accepted on those trails. Either way, good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The good news for Oregonians is that my local representative Julie Parrish has committed to introduce legislation in 2015 that will remove the SxS restriction and put things back to where they were. Since it wasn't a budget year 2014 was a short session and new bills were severely limited. 2015 is a long session and I guarantee she and others will do their best to get this thing overturned. The restrictive Bill was driven by one guy who intimidated and blackmailed land managers into perjuring themselves and voting with him because he controlled their budgets. He's retired now and it's time to put some sanity back into this whole thing. If you're an Oregonian get in touch with your local representative and ask them to contact Julie Parrish to see what they can do to help her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts