Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to Daryl at Spring Brake Thingy about a parking brake for ace. He said he needs a donor ace to build one. He is in Homeland,CA if anybody lives near him. I don't have a ace yet to let him use. I plan on purchasing one in the future. My 2009 Polaris RZR S 800 has a after market parking brake. I cannot park on hill without using it or it will not go into gear from park. I have read some of you have same issues with ace. I think a parking brake will help. His Phone number is 951-663-1205.

·
Registered
58 Posts
fitment

This is a company that makes parking brakes. Scorpion Lok

·
Registered
93 Posts
I dont think anyone did I still cant find a brake pedal catch/spring brake for the Ace. The local dealer down here fits an electric line locker in to the rear brake line on request similar to whats fitted to a burn out car. Was planning to get them to do fit one but havent had to take it back there for any repairs as yet. Parking on hills is still a pain in the neck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got a reply back answering one of my two questions. The answered question is that he did not get an Ace 570 (what I was asking about) to mock one up on. I don't know anyone in CA that owns one. I can get one for my RZR and then have my daughter put her Ace front wheel to my back wheel and use my brake on a hill.

I don't want an electric unless it has a manual valve as well... but that's too much added crap for a simple parking brake.

Is the RS1 brake pedal setup much different than any other Ace?

·
Registered
93 Posts
The electric one they fit down here is just for very short term parking like opening and closing a gate as it drains the battery if its left on for too long with the engine off and then would open the brake line. Why the Ace never shipped new with a proper parking brake is beyond stupid Polaris down here marketed them mainly to the farm/rural market where it would be needed a dozen times a day just going about your job. I have had to use the winch several times to move the loaded Ace on a slight incline to get the transmission out of park..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts