Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
really isn't the rev limiter holding you back need different clutch springs to change gear ratio so to speak. belt rides on the shaft at different place and you will pick up some speed there. don't know why unless you are straight line drag racing. should have bought a 570 lots more goodies for that motor. im thinking that little 325 is putting out a lot of horse for its total cc. I think you start packing the ponys in there and it will not stay together. just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got same and haven't driven it yet, just looking at options to have the top end for fire road driving with my buddies who are driving 700 grizzlies and brute force

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Just got same and haven't driven it yet, just looking at options to have the top end for fire road driving with my buddies who are driving 700 grizzlies and brute force
You should have bought the 570 to be able to keep up with those machines. Even if you get yours to rev higher, you wont go any faster and will probably end up blowing the motor up. Peak HP is made at a certain RPM range and raising you rev limiter just lets it rev higher but after you have passed the peak hp rpm all you are doing is reving the engine faster, with little to no benefits and the possibility of a wrecked engine. A clutch kit might help you more than reving the motor higher, but I still think you wont be able to keep up with your buddies rides in a drag race for any length of time. Those 325's are probably nearly topped out on the power side. They make a lot of hp per cc In my opinion

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just looking for it to run around 50 mph or 80 klm and not being wide open to get this, maybe this can't be achieved with the 325

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
just looking for it to run around 50 mph or 80 klm and not being wide open to get this, maybe this can't be achieved with the 325
I don't think you're going to be able to run at 50 without it being wide open.
Most of the service roads I ride on, it's not safe to go more than 35mph most of the time. Sometimes getting up to 50-ish on a straight stretch is fine.
The trouble I have in keeping up with the big bore ATVs is when it's an uphill service road.
But I don't lag far behind.

This is life with the 325, and why I'll be trading up to the 570.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I think you answered your own question with the last half of your statement. The 325 has to be revved high to achieve that speed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts