Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a few custom (what looks like aluminum) front storage box covers. Being that I will be painting my ace soon I think this would look good. Or at least better than factory. Has anybody seen these for sale?I’m pretty sure these were homemade.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Not sure what the advantage is here? Maybe stronger lid if not plastic but that smooth ali plate or similar looks like accessories might slide off? I have factory tie downs to hold extra hunting gear on the front factory lid. Plus a Rhino roof rack for other gear.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure what the advantage is here? Maybe stronger lid if not plastic but that smooth ali plate or similar looks like accessories might slide off? I have factory tie downs to hold extra hunting gear on the front factory lid. Plus a Rhino roof rack for other gear. View attachment 31150
It would mainly be for aesthetics, once again I am painting it. But I have also heard of the hinge failing.
I don’t use my ace for hunting, and I have a custom bed rack for storage so accessories sliding off is not a concern of mine.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have broken one of the factory plastic covers at the hinges it didn't take much to do it a small chainsaw and its fuel can were enough.. I put the factory tie rail on the new lid and am careful what gets loaded onto the front maybe a small backpack and a coat strapped down would be about the original lids limit. I did get a piece of aluminium laser cut that got bolted to the original lid top it was heaps stronger only did that till the new one arrived but the plastic etc that it all hinges on or hangs off including those ridiculous clips at the rear would be the next weakest point. Not much thought went into the ACE in a few areas and thats one of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts