Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Has anyone resolved the airbox lid issue? I'm about to loose my patients over this.
Do a search and one of the members discovered that we were all putting it on wrong and that's why it wasn't sealing

·
Registered
510 Posts
What Vandal said^^^^^^^^. The problem areas are the front corners of the lid will catch on the lower box corners when the latches are locked down. Mine has done this since new. I make sure that the lid corners overlap the box corners when I secure the latches and have not had any sealing issues. I do agree that this should have been designed better and can cause issues,especially if you like to play in the deep stuff.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What Vandal said^^^^^^^^. The problem areas are the front corners of the lid will catch on the lower box corners when the latches are locked down. Mine has done this since new. I make sure that the lid corners overlap the box corners when I secure the latches and have not had any sealing issues. I do agree that this should have been designed better and can cause issues,especially if you like to play in the deep stuff.
when you say "front corners" do you mean the engine side? where the tube goes to the throttle body?

I've got the gap in mine right now, and want to get it corrected before I take it out for a ride again.

·
Registered
510 Posts
when you say "front corners" do you mean the engine side? where the tube goes to the throttle body?

I've got the gap in mine right now, and want to get it corrected before I take it out for a ride again.
yes,the same side the latches are on.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Neat! And pics of this thing in crazy deep water yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
not yet just installed this weekend due to the pics posted with this comment.. i was high centered in this crossing i thought i had gone through which turned out i hadnt!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I take mine in 5' deep water all the time and the hardest thing was keeping the air box sealed so what I came up with was I silicone the whole thing I have to take the whole box out cut the silicone and clean air filter but no leaking I can also check the air filter with a flashlight after 25 hours and clean as needed. With it snorkle it stays a lot cleaner. But mine is snorkle to the roof. I tried just about everything.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Steve had you had any melting issues with the plastic pipe beside your exhaust?

I also solved the leaky air box problem as well ....by chucking it in the garbage and building a full snorkel setup, just about finished the new set up just have to do the upper snorkel heads and raise them up a bit higher. Im making it so the CVT exhaust can be placed so it either blows the air back into the engine compartment behind the seat (after the gooseneck) for hot weather or raised up for wet weather. The air filter is now behind the seat in the carbon fiber canister and has prefilter in the cannister to stop dust before it gets to the main filter. All made from silicone (400deg heat resistance) and aluminium tubing.... should be a good setup, going to try it out next weekend.

20170506_214352.jpg
20170506_214501.jpg
20170510_183825.jpg

Reactions: cr5w ch3if

·
Registered
29 Posts
so far i have about 12 hours of runtime on the snorkel setup at a friends place last weekend..
the abs for the throttle body intake is about 3 and a half to 4 " above the exhaust with no signs of heat damage or warping..the longest idling time its had is about 15 minutes in about 17-18° celcius temps. i am thinking of switching to pvc as the fittings liik nicer and the 636 pvc pipe anx glue will withstand better against heat fatigue. this was a first time attempt at snorkeling anything for me so perfect cosmetics werent tip priority anyways. i also am not too worried about looks as much as as i am protection and performance. my bike plastics take a regular beating lol.
next step will be a rad relocate off the rear top bar of the cage.suspended from some cnc aluminum arms...even though the front clip remives in minutes ive had several trail days where mud splash has caused me downtime with a water bottle with a hole popped in the lid squirting water through the rad toclear it..!
i wish i had the tooling to do the snorkling in aluminum as you have..... thats a super sweet looking job youve done and i love the prefilter idea . im running a k&n airfilter with the prefilter sock in mine gas meterbase air box. again sexy as hell snorkels....

·
Registered
38 Posts
5' is to my mouth sitting in the seat have a pond I ride in and it is 5' deep my whole ace is waterproofed all the wire connection have dielectric grease ecm vent and everything else is silicone up I change my front and rear end oil every time I do it to make sure there is no water has not been yet but what a blast it is. I do a lot more service to it to but that would be another whole paragraph.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thanks guys .... had a real close call almost swampin it last year so I figured I better do up a good snorkel set up before I kill my motor, I looked at snorkel kits and they were pretty pricey for some plastic tubes that did not even fix the main worry of water bypassing the snorkel and going in the air box

I dig your setup too Steve that baby could take in a bunch of water and still have the filter stay dry .... function before form

·
Registered
4 Posts
How do you remove the small vent line on the air box

·
Registered
4 Posts

How do you remove the small vent line going to the air box

1 - 18 of 18 Posts