Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Good looking upgrades. I like the idea of the mud flaps and have been kicking the idea around myself.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Idahopilgrim, that really looks great. I have a 2014 Ace and have installed the Polaris half sport doors. I tried to buy mud flaps and the bottom half of the doors and the dealer said they would not fit the 2014 model Ace. Polaris changed the frame slightly for 2015 so us original Ace purchasers are left out on some of the accessories.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Hayseed, that is the first I've heard about a "slight" change, especially coming from a dealer. Our dealer has said just the opposite, there was NO change from the 3014 to 2015 Ace chassis. He told me that anything available for the 2015 will fit the 2014.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Texan, the reason that I talked to the dealer was the Polaris website. I tried to look up both the mud flaps and the lower doors and the Polaris website said that neither would fit the 2014 Ace. Below is a screenshot of the website query on the mudflaps.

View attachment 2336

The Polaris website clearly states that the mudflaps will not fit a 2014 Ace. I got the same response for lower doors. I felt that it was a website error so I called my dealer. It took them about 10 minutes to chase it down as they called Polaris. I believe they told me that the chassis was slightly modified to accommodate the new power steering option. I was disappointed because I especially wanted the lower doors to help with the dust.

I just checked the Polaris website and the EPS does not fit the 2014 Ace.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Ace Ventura, that is good to know. My dealer would not order a set for me as he was convinced by Polaris that they would not fit. It cost him a sale on the doors and the mudflaps.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Curious about the foam wraps in the front. To help with scratches or ?

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Idahopilgrim, that really looks great. I have a 2014 Ace and have installed the Polaris half sport doors. I tried to buy mud flaps and the bottom half of the doors and the dealer said they would not fit the 2014 model Ace. Polaris changed the frame slightly for 2015 so us original Ace purchasers are left out on some of the accessories.
Hayseed, here is a Polaris parts store and they say the same thing my dealer said, 14 & 15 are the same.

New 14 15 Pure Polaris Sportsman Ace Mud Flaps 2880100 | eBay

Reactions: Hayseed

·
Registered
421 Posts
How about a close up picture of the front door latch assembly? The one on the roll cage in front.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Lower Door Extensions

Texan and Ace Ventura, thanks for the info that the lower door extensions and the mud flaps will fit the 2014 Ace. The Polaris Ace website and my dealer both said that they would not fit. I ordered the lower door extensions from Rocky Mountain ATV and they fit perfectly. This should help a lot with dust and leaves in the cab area.

One-Shot and I rode at River Run ATV park in Jacksonville, TX last week. It is located in the Neches River Bottom and is mostly a mud pit. The new winches came in handy. After that experience I am going to order mud flaps and fender flares. Both the Ace and I were covered in mud. The park had a free ATV wash area so I left most of the mud at the park. I have looked and cannot find any wide fender flares. One-Shot had some extra wide flares for his RZR 570 that he ordered from Rocky Mountain ATV and they did a great job of keeping the mud out of his RZR cab area. Does anyone know of fender flares that are wider than the factory 3" flares?

·
Registered
27 Posts
If I had it to do over I would just start with the mudflaps. I have the EMP fender flares and they hardly catch any mud. And I'm not sure what little mud they do catch would even end up on the machine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts