Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm building a front bumper for my ACE. Yea it's somewhat of budget thing but mainly for fun and a way to save money to put towards other accessories. So far I've used mostly small scrap and about $10 worth of new. So does anyone have any cool ideas for this thing? It's mainly like the polaris one but a little wider and I think a little stronger (I've never actually seen the polaris one). The blinker lights would fit perfectly in the end holes, what do you think about blinkers as end caps? I think I'm going to wrap it around the bottom to protect the winch area. I was debating on a spot to slide custom headlight covers in? Also maybe expanded metal in the middle. Overall it's been a good challenge. Fairly complex bends and hard to align mounting points. The rear bumper will be easier.

IMG_4133.jpg

IMG_4151.JPG

IMG_4152.JPG

IMG_4153.jpg

·
Registered
420 Posts
I would do some expanded metal or some sort of screen. I got the factory front guard for the scrambler and want to add something over the lights. Some pretty open expanded metal would keep those stupid expensive LED lights from getting limb whipped and not really hinder the light output.
Looking good and send me one for my Ace...lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Put a plate where you can mount a LED light bar, the headlights suck and at night you can't see anything. Heck build me one and I'll buy it from ya! Looks great!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Almost ready for paint. The light covers are removable with two pins (takes 30sec). Have a lower bar to hook the winch to. Going to look for some expanded steel for the middle today. Debating on welding that on or making it removable (incase I damage it). Weight = 15.5lbs

IMG_4249.jpg

·
Registered
107 Posts
Lookin' good!!! I like the way you continued the lines of the brush guard with the small diameter tubing around the wench area. I like it! Good job.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Think you have great idea there, think I would go with the expanded metal 1/2 inch openings 10 to 8 gauge and another bar across right there at top of your first bend give you more radiator more protection. Have built a few of these for Sportsman 500. But I have a bad habit of over building. Used 1 1/4 steel square tubing very heavy. Just a thought Birdkiller

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"Done!! Tons of fun to make but took way too much time. If I buy a 2nd ACE I'll most like just buy these too."

Ha ha, re-reading my own post and have changed my mind, I will build my own for the next ACE too! Ha ha.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IMG_4558.jpg

DNR made me put the flag holder in front. The ugly last minute modification…just to get on the dunes.

·
Registered
420 Posts
why the front? I would not like it in my line of sight. and are those removeable panels so your headlights don't get sandblasted?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
why the front? I would not like it in my line of sight. and are those removeable panels so your headlights don't get sandblasted?
Yea the light covers come on and off in 30 seconds with pegs and cotter pins. I couldn't even find the rule that the DNR was sowing me but I guess this one because the ACE has a seat belt: Screen Shot 2014-12-21 at 7.28.52 PM.png

·
Registered
420 Posts
well that sucks...take out the seatbelt...lol
kinda like state farm saying the Ace fits the 'dune buggy' class because it looks like a rzr and has a roll cage. I pay more to cover the Ace with a higher deductible than I do the Scramber...scam.:banghead:

·
Registered
48 Posts
how did you attach the front bumper on the top

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
how did you attach the front bumper on the top
On one I used carriage bolts, on the other I used carriage bolts but welded them in place. It's very tricky to get them to line up correctly. They are mounted inside a tube.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts