Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the heading might suggest, does anyone know the best way to get the switch blanking plates off on the dash? I've just tried as I wish to use then for switches, but for the life of me I couldn't pry them out. And to add insult to injury I manged to scratch the plastic in the process... my local dealer said... ah it's really easy they just pop out... Yeah right...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Jezza, I removed these several weeks ago. If I remember correctly, I believe that I squeezed them from behind the plastic and pushed them out. I pulled the plastic cab to do this.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Jezza
Right front behind the strut there is a dash access panel. Pull the 5 plastic push pins, remove the access panel, reach in and squeeze the top and bottem of the switch blanks and push. Blanks push right out.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I agree with these guys but one time I was in more of a rush and already had my wiring ready. So I drilled the center of the switch cover, then ripped it out with pliers. This keeps you away from your nice plastic but also lets you avoid messing with that access panel which can be a pain too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with these guys but one time I was in more of a rush and already had my wiring ready. So I drilled the center of the switch cover, then ripped it out with pliers. This keeps you away from your nice plastic but also lets you avoid messing with that access panel which can be a pain too.
I'll now second this and should have done it to start. Took all of about 2 minutes, super simple...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts