Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 900sp, which my wife loves, but the front suspension is, in my opinion, pretty terrible. 2017 saw the introduction of the double a-arm suspension on the 570sp. That plus the extra 3/4" of travel should make a big difference in mind, but I'm wondering if anyone here had driven both and can offer an opinion?

Going to a 900xc isn't an option because we load it sideways on our trailer and it fits between the side rails like it was designed specifically for that wheelbase...

On the power front it seems like it won't be too much different as the 15 lost hp is somewhat offset by lesd weight. Thoughts on that too?

I know the better fuel economy would be really nice...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi there. The 570 is a great handling lightweight machine. the 900 is 85 pounds more. The rough ride is a result of the short wheel base. Will still be rough. It will be somewhat better on 570 with double a arm and lighter weight but the power difference will be night and day. It is not the HP, it is the torque. You will get a quieter slower nicer riding machine with much better mpg. Would stick with 900 if your wife likes it and is a great rider, which it sounds like she is. I wouldn’t discount Ace 570 though-the engine is amazing-I owned 570 rzr and it was very quick to 35 in my opinion. After that, it is much slower. 900sp will still crush 900 rzr and 570 Ace off the line, it has only 60hp supposedly but has gobs more torque.

From what I’ve heard A570 is a lot of spritely fun. The A900 is a lot of crazy, From the power to the tone to the heavy handling feel. We would not trade down for a newer a570, but would definitely purchase a a570 down the road for reasons mentioned.

you can Get a great deal on rzr570s as well. Great little cars.
this last bit from one of the OG 900sp review, says it all.
“The Ace 900 is unlike almost anything else, including the smaller Aces. It’s not as goof-proof as wider machines, so you have to use some skill and restraint in aggressive driving, but the 900’s ability to steer with the throttle and the tiny vehicle’s agility work wonders together.”

The 570 will not be able to steer with throttle, adjust yes, steer no. It doesn’t have the power to break the wheels.

Personally , I like the unforgiving front end of the 900, I just keep it on the throttle a lot, it helps.
900 trail is a super soft powerful machine, but too big and expensive for your needs, it sounds like.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Arg, well that complicates things... Lol.
I drive an rzr 900 trail while my wife drives the ace, and the suspension is night and say better for sure on the rzr. The problem is we definitely can't get anything with a longer wheelbase than the 900sp, because we don't have room for a bigger trailer.

It's tough because we definitely don't use all the power of the 900sp, but we are still kind feeling it out and finding it's limits, though I really don't see her ever steering with the throttle, as it seems like the majority of ace and even rzr rolls are due to trying to steer with the throttle (mostly via doughnuts, but a good number trying to power slide) and we really enjoy a slow crawl up a ridiculously rocky trail more than fast and curvy roads... We definitely have no interest in going to the dunes.

On the other hand, even though I rarely use it, I'm glad I have the reserve power there in my rzr 900.....

Dang.... I wish I knew someone with a 17+ ace, but we are litteraly the only people we know with any ace.... It seems like the majority of people don't even know what an ace is. When we go riding there is always a lot of pointing abs smiling at her ace as we go by....

·
Registered
18 Posts
900 trail has excellent suspension. No Ace will come close to that Cadillac. That said, it seems to me that you’re on the right track. Using all the power on the 900 ACE is never easy, the short wb makes it unhinged at wide open. Your wife’s rig will crush your RZR off the line if she was so inclined, even with 18 less hp, it has a lot of torque. But if neither of you are “speed demons” the 570 is quite quick to 35, Slows down a lot after that, however.

Couple other things 570 is going to be quieter better on gas as well. As you mentioned, lighter with more modern suspension. I think they sold quite a few more 570s even at only 1500 less. Both your vehicles would be about the same speed too.

570 is an unbelievably good crawler motor, I took my 570 rzr everywhere it never let me down. Dunes. first day with ACE my lady drove straight up what seemed like a vertical cliff, maybe 800 1000 feet long. Worked in 900 I would not do it with 570, but truth be told, I would not do that. I still cannot believe she made it. It scared the you know what of me, I do not like the dunes either.

570 can be found for 5-6000, 900 sells for about 8000, that may be the final piece of the puzzle for you. The only thing left is that the RZR 570 doesn’t thrill. It satisfies. As a long time recovering alcoholic, I would say it is something like beer versus whiskey, my Two favorite things in a previous life. However, in the ACE chassis, the 570 moves the machine more like a sportsman 570. Something like a 300 to 350 lb difference. Will be a lot of fun in 570 form, and quite quick, but no real thrill factor when you get on the throttle, like on 900sp. It doesn’t sound like you guys are in it for the adrenaline only, I can identify with that.

When you think about it like that it’s amazing they put the 900 in it at all. The only common sense used at all was using the ranger 900 engine instead of the razor 900’s. Let me know what happens it’s great to see other people keeping the ACE dream alive, it is a good vibes machine in every iteration.

The final note I’ll add is that I’ll never get rid of my 900 SP but I would love to have a 570 and I bet it would get a lot of use. Also the 570 motor is plenty powerful enough to move heavy snow, So it can move you down the trail pretty well!

You didn’t mention if your wife or yourself has a problem with the cabin heat factor on 900. I’m like part reptile so I love it, but my lady hates it. This will not be an issue in 570, If you stick with 900 there are workarounds.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea cabin heat is our biggest issue, even more than gas mileage, do I would definitely love to hear any workarounds that don't involve radiator relocation.

Personally, I don't get the "go really fast and crazy" thing. To each their own, but it's not for us.
The only time we ever get above 35 is on road, so as long as it can get from 35-50 (50 is the maximum on road speed we are allowed here) at least as fast as your average automobile that's plenty.
We spend the vast majority of our time in low range under 25mph, hitting 30-35 on some of the more open areas, but over 30mph it makes it tough to understand what people are saying over the radio anyway, so unless we are in a hurry or on road, we keep the speed under 30 99% of the time.

All right, I guess we are going to swap. Now the hunt begins for a low mileage 570. One big advantage is we don't have a time limit, we can still ride until we find one so we can wait for the perfect one....
Thanks for your opinions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We have a 900sp, which my wife loves, but the front suspension is, in my opinion, pretty terrible. 2017 saw the introduction of the double a-arm suspension on the 570sp. That plus the extra 3/4" of travel should make a big difference in mind, but I'm wondering if anyone here had driven both and can offer an opinion?

Going to a 900xc isn't an option because we load it sideways on our trailer and it fits between the side rails like it was designed specifically for that wheelbase...

On the power front it seems like it won't be too much different as the 15 lost hp is somewhat offset by lesd weight. Thoughts on that too?

I know the better fuel economy would be really nice...
I have both. 15 570 i bought used and a 16 900SP new. I use the 570 for the Michigan trails, great for darting in between the trees and I can almost keep up with crazy family on their quads.

The 900 I've modified with big tires and all kinds of gear for the desert and open areas. It's too heavy and the hole shot builds too much momentum for the tight trails.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts