Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Has anyone upgraded there battery? This battery seems a little under rated. What is the biggest battery everyone has made to fit in there Ace with all the stock straps? I'm running light bar, radio, winch, and additional Alba Racing gages. Looking for the most Amp hours and CCA. I have a 570 Sp that has electric power steering. Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks that's a big help! I don't currently have a issue with stock battery now but I'm going to switch it out. Seems so weak sounding when cranking. Underrated I would say. Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you are adding on all the electrical lights and radio etc, you should be looking at the charging system instead. the battery is a storage system for starting the engine and will not last long if you use it to run your goodies. figure what your total wattage load and compare it to the charging system on the ace.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, That is a good point. I have not added it up totally but I don't run it all at once like the winch and light bar. The light bar is a small 6 Led unit, Radio I have it the Polaris Mtx. The stock battery is just weak sounding even on a maintainer during cold start. I'm not a fan of lead acid batteries and looking for a good AGM battery.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Yes, That is a good point. I have not added it up totally but I don't run it all at once like the winch and light bar. The light bar is a small 6 Led unit, Radio I have it the Polaris Mtx. The stock battery is just weak sounding even on a maintainer during cold start. I'm not a fan of lead acid batteries and looking for a good AGM battery.
This is the first report I've seen of an ACE sounding weak on starting, so you might just have a bad battery. You might consider seeing if the dealer will swap it out for you under warranty. You'll probably still want a higher capacity battery anyway with all of the accessories, but then you'll have a good spare.

Are you connecting all of these accessories to keyed power (center post on the terminal block with the orange wires attached to it), or direct to the battery?
How well does it start with your accessories disconnected?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Everything is on center post keyed ignition. Only thing I have on battery is Battery Tender. Water level is good in battery also. I have never had issues starting, just does not sound strong. How ever I am not a fan of lead acid batteries.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I must have gotten you confused with someone who posted up that their OEM battery dies within a week if not on the tender.
Here is a video I took in response to questions about the fuel pump whine. It includes me starting up the ACE. Does yours sound like this?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
That was in a small shed, might have sounded louder due to small space. Don't remember how full the tank was but it sounds the same, full or nearly empty.

But thay video was to compare your starter sound, not the fuel pump. Does yours crank that fast, or seem to struggle?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, My starter sounds the same. I don't like lead acid maintenance batteries that's all. Thinking of a good AGM battery Oddessy or That 600CCA Lightning Start battery. Not a huge fan of China made batteries "lightning start" Yet it gets good reviews. I have not bought nothing yet. Seeing as how my batt is ok but I will upgrade it soon with a higher capacity.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts