Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been also looking at new tires. Still running stock tires so I can compare them to what I do get.
I have itp mud lites on my sportsman 335, and I do love them . They Do all I ask of them and comfy to ride. The XL`s have the size for the Ace and have 1 1/8 in lugs.. But seen the XTR`s and really like them. Sizes would be 26x11rx12 and 26x9rx12`s. May concider 9`s all around as the 11`s jump in weight. Does anyone have knowledge of them? Their performance, durability from own experience or friend. I know the bighorns are very popular but kinda wanting a bit more. I ride trails with hardpack, rocks, loose dirt and rocks alot. Pavement I avoid. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Radials are good. I run the BigHorns.
If you want something more aggressive than BigHorns, and longer-lasting than MudLites, and are not concerned about weight, you might look into the Sedona Rip Saw.
If you do go with those, just make sure they get mounted right - yellow circle 180 degrees away from the valve stem.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I just changed my tires from the OEM junk to 26" Duro radial Power Grip, which I have on the quad and am very impressed with them. The Sedona Rip Saw is also a very good aggressive tire, but as Scoundrel said very important to get them mounted correctly. Had them prior to the Duro Power Grips and I like the Duro much better.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Yea I am concerned with weight. And why I lean to stay with mudlite XL`s. Than the xtr. Set 29 lbs lighter. Also like the swamp lites, and can buy those local. I will look up the Sedona`s. I know bighorns are great but want something more aggressive but not insane.

·
Registered
421 Posts
26" Duro Power Grip radials here too! Great tires , super price!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. What size 26`s are you two running? 26x9rx12 and 26x11rx12? Run 26x9rx12 on all 4 wheels?

·
Registered
421 Posts
26x9x12 and 26x11x12 on stock front and rear 8 spoke aluminum rims

1 - 8 of 8 Posts