Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Not too big. You WILL need spacers for the rear if they are stock wheels. You MIGHT need them for the front

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to your sig, you've got 26" wheels on your 570, I'm assuming you added spacers? I was thinking of 1" spacers all around anyways, to widen it to 50". I think it would be a bit more stable at 50. I wonder how much that would affect the turning radius?

·
Registered
421 Posts
No spacers on mine. I have different offset than stock wheels on both of my Aces

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I have found that tires are shaped differently, so that makes a difference.
For example, 26x9x12 Bighorns on stock RZR wheels will not rub in front. But 26x9x12 Tusk Trilobites on the same wheels will rub.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tire Alloy wheel Rim Automotive tire Wheel

These are the rims I'm thinking of buying. From a RZR 570. Any reason they wouldn't fit on an ACE?

I suppose I'll have to buy 16 Polaris lug nuts at $3.00/each...ouch!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tips Scoundrel.

The guy wants $400 for the rims and tires, he won't budge from that. Trying to decide if that's a decent deal. He's had them forsale for a month. Seems like used tires and wheels don't sell too well.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
The problem with used tires and wheels is that they're big and heavy so you can really only sell them local.
Also, most people want their new stuff to be shiny and scratch-free.

Polaris wants a lot off dosh for those wheels. A set of Polaris wheels and tires in good condition is worth $100/ea.
A new aftermarket set will run you at least $650 depending what size and what tires you get, but aftermarket wheels are all going to be 4+3 offset, making your ACE wider than 50".
If you're trying to keep it narrow, as I was with mine, that's important.

Ask for pictures of the inside of the wheels, or better yet go look in person. Look for grooves where rocks got stuck between the caliper and wheel and started scratching grooves into the wheels.
If there are grooves, act less interested and maybe he'll come down. If the grooves are deep, walk away.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Nope, that was $350 for the wheels and the 26" Big Horn tires. Guy had sold his Rzr and wanted the tires out of the garage. He was asking $400 and I walked in with $350 cash and he took it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ask for pictures of the inside of the wheels, or better yet go look in person. Look for grooves where rocks got stuck between the caliper and wheel and started scratching grooves into the wheels.
If there are grooves, act less interested and maybe he'll come down. If the grooves are deep, walk away.
Looking over his pictures again, especially the one I posted above, it looks like there's a nice groove already. What's your opinion?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I have heard of those grooves cutting through and letting the air out of the wheel. I started carrying JB-Qwik with me because the ACE seems especially prone to getting rocks caught in there, a problem I have never had with any ATV, or the RZR. Both of my rear wheels are grooved and I am worried about them.

I guess 14" wheels are much better in that respect, but then you have to go up in tire size.

Your call, I guess.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts