Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Guys,
Today I am installing my Bandit springs and removing my sway arm .
Notice I have gained 1 1/2 " in changing out the rear springs .
I did them first as they are the easiest .
Here are the pics for the rear , notice in the pics I stuck the original bolts back in for the pics as I haven't gone to the store to get shorter ones .
But will before the day is over .

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry about the pics being sideways but I have to rotate them to get them to download off of my iPhone .
If a moderator wants to turn them the right way , you have my permission .

·
Registered
438 Posts
Looks good. You may notice that after some use the springs will lower themselves a little and "take a set" which is normal for any spring to do. Take a set is a term used for broken in springs where the springs set to their normal preloaded length. Probably no more than an inch, maybe less. I have a full set of the Bandit springs sitting in my living room. But wont be needing the rears, as I also ordered a set of Walker Evans shocks and they are sending me the appropriate rate rear springs for my weight and how much I carry on my machine etc. I'll only be needing the fronts and will likely be flEbay'ing the Bandit rear springs in the near future.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok ,
Yesterday I got both rears and front right done . I worked on it between other honey do's .
The hardest / time consuming part is getting the nut off of the top of the strut .
I ended up removing the A arm at the frame which gave me more room to pivot the strut to get the top nut off .
I plan to do the front left today and will report back .

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Install is complete as of yesterday morning .
Non eventful but went a little quicker since I had already done the other side .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok ,
Yesterday I got both rears and front right done . I worked on it between other honey do's .
The hardest / time consuming part is getting the nut off of the top of the strut .
I ended up removing the A arm at the frame which gave me more room to pivot the strut to get the top nut off .
I plan to do the front left today and will report back .
How do you get to the front strut top nuts? Seems like you have to take off the front plastics but that seems like a massive pain

1 - 8 of 8 Posts