Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about the belt and a spare. Does it break as easy as others, or do the smaller weights and better belts mean that there are fewer belt problems than a side by side? After break in.

What other spares only for the Ace 570 do you carry? I carry straps, tools, wrenches, hi-lifter, belts and other parts on my Wildcat when we go riding. Wonder what to add for the Ace 570.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! That's a great link.

I have most of all that stuff, plus a 12 V extension cord for the air pump. I am making that water pump sprayer for the front of the ACE someone recommended. The radiator is very exposed to plugging.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Being a new Ace owner, have to ask, does it come with a tool kit and if so, where is it? Every bike I have has one. Having to take enough tools to do a teardown, replace belt, on the trail sure doesn't give a person much confidence.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Yeah, that's where it should be, but since it is not tucked away all safe under the seat like ATVs, it tends to go missing before the ACE reaches the end user. Ask the dealer for it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Being a new Ace owner, have to ask, does it come with a tool kit and if so, where is it? Every bike I have has one. Having to take enough tools to do a teardown, replace belt, on the trail sure doesn't give a person much confidence.
I have never had to change a belt in 20 years of riding Polaris and I personally don't know anyone else that has either.
I don't worry about it too much.
Maybe I am not doing something right.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I carry a spare belt and the tools to change it out on the trail. I did the same with my sportsman 800 but never had to do it. I just change the belt at 100 hours(it still looks in good shape with little wear) and keep the old one with the machine for a spare.It gives me peace of mind knowing I have a belt with me if it breaks in the middle of no-where. Low-range is your friend when it comes to long belt life,when in doubt at low speeds-use it:eagerness:!

Reactions: bill albion

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
My friend burned a belt in his Grizzly at the Paiute trail. I think he wasn't using low gear enough during the climbs. We had a spare and the tools to change it, which saved us from a pretty difficult ordeal of dragging him back to town and hoping we could find a belt within a 100 mile radius, or leaving the rig up there. It's a small thing to pack a spare belt and tools, and potentially very beneficial.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Is the OEM belt the best option?
I would say yes,some of the after-market belts are not the exact same width or length and this does affect clutch performance and belt life. Many on other polaris forums also say that oem is the best for replacement.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
This is a topic that has been thoroughly hashed out over on RZRForums, and GrizzlyCentral, and the bottom line is that the OEM belt is the best one for price/longevity if treated right, and least likely to damage more expensive clutch parts.

I know this is just one bit of "anecdotal evidence" and is not statistically significant or even related to Polaris in any way - but once I bought a cheaper aftermarket belt for my Honda Elite scooter. It shredded in the first 10 miles, leaving me stranded on the freeway. I'll only ever buy OEM belts again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts