Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to know how many Ace Forum users have ordered or received their new 2016 Polaris Ace 900 SP. I picked up my new Ace 900 SP yesterday at my dealer and to my surprise and dismay, the new 900 SP Ace DOES NOT have engine braking system (EBS) like the Ace 570 SP does. The problem is, Polaris Industries had advertised the Ace 900 with EBS on their web-site when I ordered the Ace the day after the dealer show 8-1-2015. Thankfully, I had printed the page off the web-site, which offers proof, that the Ace 900 I ordered, was advertised as having EBS. See the attachments below. The Polaris Industries website has now removed EBS from their page specifications for the Ace 900. I repeat: Polaris spec's for the Ace 900 SP under EBS now is stated "no" unlike the Ace 570 SP.

I find this change unacceptable and my dealer has requested an explanation from Polaris as to WHY - after advertising the Ace 570 SP AND Ace 900 SP WITH EBS, that suddenly Polaris reneged on their original release of advertising, making the decision not to install EBS on Ace 900. My decision to purchase the Ace 900 was partly due to EBS being available on the Ace 900, especially for riding in the steep Rocky Mountains, which is a must. Hopefully Polaris Industries will do the right thing and install EBS on my Ace 900 at no charge and if they don't, I will look at other recourses... I would love to hear from other Ace 900 SP owners. Please email me at: [email protected]

20151021-154146.jpg
20151021-154338.jpg

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
It has been my experience that there is no such thing as
"unofficial request" or "dealer looking into it".

Consult an attorney with experience in class action lawsuits. Capturing internal memos and documentation will be key to determing outcome. Did Polaris make a mistake in advertising? Or an intentional decision to defeature the vehichle for profit reasons.

I am calling it.....the only way you will get restitution is with a legal settlement/jury award.

My biggest concern is the person who like you believed it was included and experiences an injury or fatality because of this decision by Polaris.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mungo, I sure hope I don't have to got that far but I will if forced too. I was standing there when my dealer call Polaris and reported the issue I also saw where they sent an email to Polaris.. I have a GREAT POLARIS DEALER... thanks

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I understand your concern and I hope that you get a free EBS install out of this.
But, Polaris often copies pages and then edits then for new machines, and sometimes mistakes are made. For a while the 570 web page listed the engine CCs as 327cc, until someone caught that and fixed it.
I have to wonder where the line would be drawn for stuff like this after a mistake on the web page.
If the 570 page had listed the CCs as 900 for a day or so until someone caught it, would you be asking Polaris to put a 900 engine in a 570?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I understand your concern and I hope that you get a free EBS install out of this.
But, Polaris often copies pages and then edits then for new machines, and sometimes mistakes are made. For a while the 570 web page listed the engine CCs as 327cc, until someone caught that and fixed it.
I have to wonder where the line would be drawn for stuff like this after a mistake on the web page.
If the 570 page had listed the CCs as 900 for a day or so until someone caught it, would you be asking Polaris to put a 900 engine in a 570?
I don't think Polaris had any intent of deception if the 900 SP showed EBS listed as a feature or listed it on the specs page. I never saw this in any of the information I have seen from day one of the 900 announcment.
As a side note,I have drove the RZR 570 with the EBS and did not care for it at all. It seemed to only apply braking to the rear wheels, which hurt more that it helped by not maintaining a controled decent in many situations. JMO

I have noticed in the new 900 when slowing from speed and making downhill decents it seems to have a bit of engine braking engaging that is very noticable to me. I am guessing they might have done this with some tuning of the clutches with the 900.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ky, I respectfully disagree I have been following the Ace900 SP since its introduction back at the end of July. I have always believed 100% that the 900 SP had EBS from day one. Make no sense to me that the 570 SP had EBS and the 900 SP does not..Same machine different motor and it would seem the 900 SP would need it more then a 570 SP. Polaris had the info posted (copies I posted) for over 2 months and just disappeared the last week or so. The web-master at Polaris is not doing their job keeping up to date with the spec's and it seems someone at Polaris is not proofing the site. Not my issue not my problem. I love EBS on my Polaris 900 Ranger (which i had to purchase at $850.00) my Rzr 900 came with it as did my Ace 570 SP. Where I live and ride here in the Rocky Mountains of Idaho and EBS is essential for safe riding declining these steep mountains. Hopefully Polaris will do the right thing and swap clutches out for me.. Ky, next time you are descending on a steep decent might try putting the machine in low and AWD/4wd and you will have much easier controlled descent. I can't live without EBS..per say.

IMG_3773.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Scoundrel, I replied to your response and for some reason couldn't find the reply. So I will try again briefly. I'm a huge Polaris fan and have purchased 25 new machines in seventeen years and also have a great relationship with my dealer. The evening of the 2016 new Polaris releases, my dealer texted me that Polaris had released a 900 Ace. I immediately responded that I wanted the first one. I did the same thing in Jan.2014 when Polaris released the Ace and again in the summer of 2014 with the Ace 570 EPS/EBS. This is my third ACE. My dealer told me at the meeting Polaris said the 570SP and the 900SP had EBS and the same had been advertised on the web-site for over 11 weeks, and you can see the different dates on my two attachments. .That is more then a mistake in my view. This is a 4.5 billion dollar company that should have check and balances in place. As results from dealer confirmation and 11 weeks on the web-site stating EBS I have always believed 100% that the 900SP had EBS and can't tell you the disappointment when I found out it didn't. Well of course this is all my opinion and you know what they say about opinions. Cheers
*sidenote
Just discovered the back panel that was ordered for the 900SP does not fit and neither does the storage box #2881447. Seems the air filter box comes up higher then the 570 SP and neither accessory fits and yet they both were ordered out of the accessory catalog for the 900 SP... Someone is asleep driving this big ol ship..another mistake.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Being a Honda Kawasaki Yamaha and Arctic Cat dealer back in the 90s for about 10 years dealing with new releases of product mistakes in catalogs brochures and press releases if the option was not installed at the factory and it was listed inerror, likely they're not going to give you the option because you read it someplace and then they retracted it after the vehicle was built then released from production, these things happen often and many times, there also is disclaimers in there releases and brochures and publications that usually covers mistakes such as this I seen it with everything in the power sport industry stuff retracted mistakes made options listed that don't exist and so on,,, you can probably try and push your dealer to push Polaris to do it and they may do it in good faith but I wouldn't count on it that's just my opinion from being a dealer for many many years and dealing with all these companies we've seen these mistakes happen on other products and the past and they usually have an out and probably won't do anything other than give you a good explanation why they made a mistake and then say they're sorry just my opinion but that's usually how it goes from being in the business for many years and seeing a lot of that kind of stuff happened inadvertently.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Being a Honda Kawasaki Yamaha and Arctic Cat dealer back in the 90s for about 10 years dealing with new releases of product mistakes in catalogs brochures and press releases if the option was not installed at the factory and it was listed inerror, likely they're not going to give you the option because you read it someplace and then they retracted it after the vehicle was built then released from production, these things happen often and many times, there also is disclaimers in there releases and brochures and publications that usually covers mistakes such as this I seen it with everything in the power sport industry stuff retracted mistakes made options listed that don't exist and so on,,, you can probably try and push your dealer to push Polaris to do it and they may do it in good faith but I wouldn't count on it that's just my opinion from being a dealer for many many years and dealing with all these companies we've seen these mistakes happen on other products and the past and they usually have an out and probably won't do anything other than give you a good explanation why they made a mistake and then say they're sorry just my opinion but that's usually how it goes from being in the business for many years and seeing a lot of that kind of stuff happened inadvertently.
If a company lists ABS brakes, then does not install them for whatever reason, their legal team will get involved and will offer compensation in exchange for a limit of liability.

It is a safety issue and generally the decision is made with feedback from their insurance underwriter who weighs risk of death/injury lawsuits.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RPMJOE, I think you hit the nail right on the head...but I won't go down easy. Polaris has done a nice job on the Ace 900SP but some of the accessories don't fit as stated.

IMG_5731.jpeg

·
Registered
75 Posts
If a company lists ABS brakes, then does not install them for whatever reason, their legal team will get involved and will offer compensation in exchange for a limit of liability.

It is a safety issue and generally the decision is made with feedback from their insurance underwriter who weighs risk of death/injury lawsuits.

You missed my point...if a item, option or standard feature is pulled at time of production then the vehicle comes out, feature not there, manufacturing company always has a out, there's always a disclaimer to cover them 95% of the time, it happens alot things change and they revamp products most every time there is nothing there going to do,but fight the good fight and try,can't hurt

·
Registered
75 Posts
Give them hell! I hope u get something out of it, as for stuff not fitting the 900....there are alot of physical differences between 570 and 900, nobody realizes it, frame, body unless u put both side by side u don't really notice,

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
You missed my point...if a item, option or standard feature is pulled at time of production then the vehicle comes out, feature not there, manufacturing company always has a out, there's always a disclaimer to cover them 95% of the time, it happens alot things change and they revamp products most every time there is nothing there going to do,but fight the good fight and try,can't hurt
I really don't agree with your statement...Example I bought a new 2014 Dodge truck that had listed as standard equipment a spray in bed liner. Mine was delivered without one and the dealer originally pointed out to there statement as standard equipment unless replaced by some other equivalant equipment. I got in the dealers face and asked him point blank...What do you replace a spray in bed liner with that is equivilant to a spray in bed liner. Long story short they took my truck to a business that sprays bed liners and had mine done, so they may try to have an out for everything but many times if pressed by the consumer they will fulfill the equipment that they advertise as being on the vehicle. False advertising is not a condition any big company wants to have to explain in court....since they are the ones who wrote the advertising and really don't have a foot to stand on if confronted with their own ad

·
Registered
75 Posts
I really don't agree with your statement...Example I bought a new 2014 Dodge truck that had listed as standard equipment a spray in bed liner. Mine was delivered without one and the dealer originally pointed out to there statement as standard equipment unless replaced by some other equivalant equipment. I got in the dealers face and asked him point blank...What do you replace a spray in bed liner with that is equivilant to a spray in bed liner. Long story short they took my truck to a business that sprays bed liners and had mine done, so they may try to have an out for everything but many times if pressed by the consumer they will fulfill the equipment that they advertise as being on the vehicle. False advertising is not a condition any big company wants to have to explain in court....since they are the ones who wrote the advertising and really don't have a foot to stand on if confronted with their own ad
It's funny u mentioned a 14' Ram truck, I factory ordered a 14' 3500 cummins
Crew cab dually, loaded with every option, the spray in bed liner is an option not standard by the way, anyways the truck came in without bedliner...but was on window sticker, 300.00 option, however when I went to pick up truck I saw it wasn't there, and I was glad, and u should be too, there was a truck parked next to mine with one and it was nowhere near the quality of a Linex liner, dealer cut me a check for 400.00 and I took it to Linex, best thing that could have happened, as far as listing equipment before a new model comes out is what we're talking about here and in those cases the mfg has an out 99% of the time but there are rare cases that in some instances they may do something sometimes, but it's rare...

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Dealer out = buyer out.

bmw had to buy back a carafter 6mo, because they did not settle a similar dispute. Had they settled my original claim day 1, they would not have had to. I refused any attempt after 6mo, there inly choice was buyback and sell me a new one, or buyback and someone else sell me a new one.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
It's funny u mentioned a 14' Ram truck, I factory ordered a 14' 3500 cummins
Crew cab dually, loaded with every option, the spray in bed liner is an option not standard by the way, anyways the truck came in without bedliner...but was on window sticker, 300.00 option, however when I went to pick up truck I saw it wasn't there, and I was glad, and u should be too, there was a truck parked next to mine with one and it was nowhere near the quality of a Linex liner, dealer cut me a check for 400.00 and I took it to Linex, best thing that could have happened, as far as listing equipment before a new model comes out is what we're talking about here and in those cases the mfg has an out 99% of the time but there are rare cases that in some instances they may do something sometimes, but it's rare...
The spray in bed liner on a 14 1500 Dodge Ram was standard equipment....maybe not on the 3500

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thank you Polaris for doing whats right.. Can't wait to get my EBS..
Did Polaris back it up and tell the dealer to do it? If so I'll be talking to my dealer tomorrow on the morning,because I picked up my 900 3 weeks ago. Also the Polaris website list the 900sp with ebs now...hmmmm?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts