Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody bought their system for the 570? I'm interested in how loud it is. My buddy has a wild cat with the same system and the thing is one of the loudest machines out in the woods. but they claim massive gains and have a "quiet" insert.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Do they still claim the massive gain while you have the insert installed?
Do you want to be hated by everyone around you while riding?
Do you want to give the greenies more reasons to shut us down?

But I don't have any strong opinions on the subject. :)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Has anybody bought their system for the 570? I'm interested in how loud it is. My buddy has a wild cat with the same system and the thing is one of the loudest machines out in the woods. but they claim massive gains and have a "quiet" insert.
Massive gains huh.....yeah maybe 2-3 hp at most and that's a lot of money for something you will never be able to feel.....but you will be loud

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do they still claim the massive gain while you have the insert installed?
Do you want to be hated by everyone around you while riding?
Do you want to give the greenies more reasons to shut us down?

But I don't have any strong opinions on the subject. :)
sorry haha i didn't make it clear. I'm curious to how loud it is because i don't want to do any of that. i wouldn't mind a moderate tone if it gave me real gains but i hunt and fish with it so i have a limit to the noise

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Sorry, I was a little forceful there. Few things are as quick to irritate me as loud exhaust. It's one of my many peeves.
My experience with Big Gun exhaust in general is that they belong to the "louder is better" club, and I doubt any performance gain would be worth the money.
But I haven't heard anything about putting one on an ACE specifically.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes i figured so, i will likely look for an alternate setup due to my experience with the wildcat's setup it is on the extreme to say the least

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the Yoshi exhaust on my 330. It's just obnoxious at my property. I'm considering putting the stocker back on, sell the Yoshi and get a good tuner.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well don't shoot me but I want the hmf exhaust system for my ace 330. I'm looking to get the hp gains and a little more aggressive sound! Now it claims to only be 2db above the stock exhaust (swamp series). This shouldn't upset anyone right? Does anyone have the hmf on there ace? How does it sound? Is it worth the money for the horsepower gains?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the Yoshi exhaust on my 330. It's just obnoxious at my property. I'm considering putting the stocker back on, sell the Yoshi and get a good tuner.
Ive got the Yoshi on my sons Warrior and I consider it plain obnoxious and so don't my neighbors. When the wife and I are out and about we never get any word back from anyone about knowing we were even riding. Any time my boy tries to sneak his out when were not home he gets ratted out every time as it is just plain obnoxious.

Im at the point where I want to go back to a stock axhaust for it just to keep peace with the neighbors.

The minimal and unnoticeable gains just aren't worth the headaches and pissing everyone around you off doesn't exactly make you any friends either. Just my .02

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Well don't shoot me but I want the hmf exhaust system for my ace 330. I'm looking to get the hp gains and a little more aggressive sound! Now it claims to only be 2db above the stock exhaust (swamp series). This shouldn't upset anyone right? Does anyone have the hmf on there ace? How does it sound? Is it worth the money for the horsepower gains?
2dB is no big thing, and if you like the sound better, that will improve your riding enjoyment. I suspect the performance gain will be "perceived" rather than measurable, but that's my noise bias showing again.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I installed a Trinity Stage 5 on my Ace 570 to complement the CommanderV and Auto Tune. The improvement was very noticeable.
Now the BUT, it was so loud I had to remove it. So for a simple solution to freeing up the air flow without too much noise I re-installed the stock muffler after drilling a 3/4" hole through the center main baffles and opened the slits with a 1/2" bit. You can do this easily from the header port. It probably gives 1-2 HP at best and it's only a little louder than stock.
Best part, it free.
PS
You'll need long shank bits or a bit shaft extender, the baffles are about 6.5" deep in the muffler.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Norman or anyone, I am interested to know of the Commander V and auto tune? Stock numbers? What gains do you get with stock exhaust?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Ive got the Yoshi on my sons Warrior and I consider it plain obnoxious and so don't my neighbors. When the wife and I are out and about we never get any word back from anyone about knowing we were even riding. Any time my boy tries to sneak his out when were not home he gets ratted out every time as it is just plain obnoxious.

Im at the point where I want to go back to a stock axhaust for it just to keep peace with the neighbors.

The minimal and unnoticeable gains just aren't worth the headaches and pissing everyone around you off doesn't exactly make you any friends either. Just my .02
Exactly^^^^^^^^.if you want to feel something forget the muffler and get either a tuner or clutch kit. None of the other things are worth the money and just make noise

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the Big gun full system exhaust for the 570 here at home. I didnt installed it yet, because i'm waiting dor the powercommander 5 is available here in europe.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Norman or anyone, I am interested to know of the Commander V and auto tune? Stock numbers? What gains do you get with stock exhaust?
I have just the Commander V on mine right now. Stock air filter, stock exhaust, and no Auto Tune. It is for sure more fun when riding on trails where your having to use the throttle a lot or have a little room to put the onions to it. The response and mid range power with the PCV has got me saving my pennies and working more overtime so that I can get the auto tuner, exhaust and air cleaner up grades.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey jay which ace do you have? I was looking into the power commander v and auto tune for my 330 ace. I'm putting larger tires and want to squeeze out as much juice as I can get outta the little guy.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Duane,
I don't know the exact gains, but I can say you will feel it. It definitely has more HP and torque. Plus improved throttle response. As I mentioned previously with a straight thru exhaust it really came alive. Spinning 26" Rip Saws on asphalt. But was too loud. So I modified the stock muffler to allow more air flow,i.e. drilling out the baffles. It is not loud and probably increased air flow 40%. Even though I only ride trails, I find the Ace to be more fun with the extra power. The big heavy tires really took the stock zip out of the machine and the electronics gave it back and then some. I believe you will be very happy with the ComV and auto tune.
Norm

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey jay which ace do you have? I was looking into the power commander v and auto tune for my 330 ace. I'm putting larger tires and want to squeeze out as much juice as I can get outta the little guy.
I've got a 570, so I cant speak for what gains you would see on the 330.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts