Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have had 4 rzr's and currently have a 1k. Bought an ace cuz i had to try them out. Purchased it friday,Installed power steering and winch saturday and my buddy rolled it monday. He is actually a good rider but i guess he got a little carried away. Drove straight down my driveway and turned abruptly into my yard at probably 30-35 and the ass end started to slide immediately and he couldn't recover. I knew exactly how this was going to end. made it completely sideways and went straight from wheels to the roll cage. then with 16' between the first impact and the second the right left rear wheel hit and the corner of the cage and the bed corner slightly. Then a second roll and it lander on the right side on the ground. He was knocked unconscious with the throttle floored. I ran over and immediately hit the key. After i got him to wake up i tipped the ace back on it's feet. I was pretty sure it was trash without looking at it from watching the action movie cartwheels. My buddy was fine after a few minutes. I looked it over then drove it into the garage with a flat tire. I had an old set of wheels that had crap tires off my old 08 rzr that have been sitting forever. They didn't help the matter but he wasn't use to the machine and just pulled a terrible move with minutes under his belt. After i got the ace inside i started checking the frame tabs to start the damage assessment. To my surprise after a couple hrs of checking and not believing i didn't find a single piece of bent or damaged metal on the whole machine besides the cage. I have checked and rechecked every tab and arm with levels and tape measures. I'm pretty sure that it doesn't have a problem besides the cage and plastics. The front and rear bumpers aren't scratched. The front fender/dash section is cracked from the cage pushing into it. The bed liner broke but none of the ducts or lights were affected. The cage is bent but not terrible. I have a lot of respect for this machine now. i think it is its narrow parts and great gussets compared to older rzr's that made it drive away. Priced all parts at my dealer with a small discount and will have it back in mint condition for $1160. Not how i wanted to see my brand new machine but glad my buddy is ok and the machine will be exactly the same after plastics and a cage. damage was all blue pieces scuffed or cracked and the bedliner and cage. and the tail light bulb holder. and the speedo dash piece got cracked from the cage shifting. Got totally lucky how it hit the right way each tumble. Wheels or cage and the wheels hit so the shocks could compress. But i am about 95 percent sure i won't find anything. Pics before and after . enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
A buddy rolled my Ace when it was nearly new also. I am glad your friend is OK but sorry for your trouble. I had to replace the front plastic but had little other damage. Other people have posted that friends rolled their Ace. That seems to be a common thread. It seems that if you pay for them you find out their handling limitations before pushing them to the limit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Someone confused the Little Ace with a go cart I think. 90 degree turn at 30mph, ouch for sure. Sorry for your trouble, never quite so bad for me the day after, however the day of, oh man.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The same thing happened to me but I broke a tie rod. The dealer is telling me he has to replace the whole front suspension is that true can anyone answer that question

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

There's no way we can tell you what needs to be replaced because we can't look at your machine.
If only the tie rod broke and everything else is fine, then they're full of crap.
But if the A-arm bent, or the strut cracked, or both, I could see replacing the whole suspension.

If you're not comfortable doing the work yourself, then I guess you gotta trust your dealer, or take it to a different one.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Ouch, that must have been some impact. But unless you can show us a bunch of pics and videos of things with straight edges and things wobbling around when you spin them, there is no way for us to agree or disagree with his assessment.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The tie rod has nothing to do with the axle. and everything is sold separately. Not sure without pictures.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts