Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am having difficulty locating the hot wire for the brake lights. I am adding a high 3rd led brake light for safety on trail but especially on town roads which are open to ATV/UTVs. I tied the ground to the back flood, which I ran up front to the accessory block under the front compartment. My tester shows that the first wire on each side taillight is the taillight/running light (always on when key on). I depressed the brake, got brake lights, but my tester would not show a hot wire in the remaining two!

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 32 hp? or the 570 (I assume the wiring would be the same for brakes)? What color is the hot brake wire?

Thanks

Pack Gramp

2015 Sage Green
EMP Front and Rear Windshields
Polaris Roof
Polaris Front Bumper
Rear LED Flood Bar
High Rear 3rd LED Brake Light???

·
Vendor
182 Posts
It's not a normal positive system.. We always have to use a relay to get a third light (or a normal style tail light) to work. I haven't done it for a while but if I remember right we use a relay kind of backwards to switch from a ground if that makes sense...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Private message sent.

The book doesn't have colors. It is just wire numbers.
One wire, not sure the color, comes off the brake switch, located on the master cylinder to ground. The other wire off the master cylinder goes to a diode then to the brake lights. The master cylinder is under the right front fender.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts