Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every one, Ive got a problem with my 330 Ace. The last two times Ive been out riding, the bike seems to have a problem with what seems like the brakes sticking on. The bike will vibrate and have trouble moving forward, think driving a car with the hand brake partly on. There seems to be a rubbing / squeaking noise some where as well. Could the brakes be sticking on? if so what or how can I check/fix this problem. Stopping and backing up seems to fix the problem for a while. Thanks heaps, Stumpy.

·
Registered
525 Posts
It is probably the front differential not releasing from AWD.

First thing to do is change the Demand Drive lube in the front end. If that doesn't fix it the roller cage could be broken.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your help, two people from the dealership I brought the ace from, turned up at my house yesterday. There is something realy wrong with the bike! They have taken it back to the shop and will be looking over it today. I will report back when I hear from them. I thought it was good service for them to come to my place to look at the bike, then pick it up and take it back to the shop. Would that happen in the USA, or would you have to take the bike in yourself?. Stumpy.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
It is a rare occurrence, but Polaris has been known to send people out to look at stuff. It usually has to be something totally unexpected and major, and usually the decision to send someone out is made AFTER the vehicle has been inspected by the dealer, and then the dealer has talked to Polaris about it. That's when Polaris comes out to look.

Regarding whether a dealer in the US would come out to look and pick up the bike like that is really all about that particular dealer and what their level of customer service is, and we cannot really generalize about that. Most dealers will ask you to bring the machine to them. Really good dealers might come out like that, especially if you have purchased more than one machine, and a bunch of accessories from them.

A local motorcycle shop once came to my house, picked up my street bike with their truck, changed the rear tire for free, and then dropped the bike back off at my house after I sent in a letter to the owner, because their service guy had been a complete dick to me. This was a month after I had purchased the $15,000 motorcycle from them, and immediately got a flat tire. So it can happen.

So it sounds like your issue was kinda similar to a thing many of us have experienced, but yours was way more severe and therefore maybe a different root cause.
That's the really trick thing about internet forums - one has to try and take an experience and turn it into words, and then the people on the other end have to take those words and try and relate them to experiences we've had, and figure out what is going on. Sometimes, the scale of the problem is just not translated properly through all of that. The vibration and resistance we've experienced in the front end, which is easily resolved by stopping and backing up a few feet, is probably pretty minor compared to what you felt, but we could not feel it, so we did not know.

Good luck, and please tell us how it turns out!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all, well they looked at my bike today. they drained the demand drive oil and then flushed it. Refilled, rode the bike for a while, drained the oil, flushed it again then refilled. The bike seems to be a lot better, Ill be heading away hunting this weekend so will see how it goes. They said the oil was pretty thick and filled with crap! The bike has done 21 hours, I wonder what it would have looked like if it was left until its first 50 hour service? Ill report back next week, if its fixed/helped the problem. Stumpy.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have only had 3 wheelers in my lifetime. Last one lasted almost 20 years. When the brakes crapped out, we disconnected them and rode brake free. It was just a down shift option or hit something.
I have found out, with these automatic Ace's, that's not an option. But for hunting and trapping, I rarely use the brakes. Most of the time, running up and down the ramps is the only time I brake.
It looks like the Ace will need a lot more maint. than the older 3 wheelers. I just changed the oil, filters and oiled up the chain annually. Time to break out the manual and get started.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts