Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 62 and had a Honda Odyssey 250 a few years ago and loved it. Then Found out I have Spinal Stenosis and had to sell the Honda . (too rough-no shocks) I just discovered the Ace single seater on web and started looking to buy 2 of them (wife too). I am finding out that they are not available anywhere and probably are not going to be. Cannot afford RS1. The key here is the single seat!!! Love it! Too bad I must be the only one . Have no desire for a side by side ! Polaris is messing with my head. I was so excited! Now Bummin! Even a used one is hard to find and do not want a used one anyway!!
Tom

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am 62 and had a Honda Odyssey 250 a few years ago and loved it. Then Found out I have Spinal Stenosis and had to sell the Honda . (too rough-no shocks) I just discovered the Ace single seater on web and started looking to buy 2 of them (wife too). I am finding out that they are not available anywhere and probably are not going to be. Cannot afford RS1. The key here is the single seat!!! Love it! Too bad I must be the only one . Have no desire for a side by side ! Polaris is messing with my head. I was so excited! Now Bummin! Even a used one is hard to find and do not want a used one anyway!!
Tom
Where do you reside in this big bad world? We are on a big planet so some countries will have new stock or near new - In NZ we do anyway.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Illinois, thanks for chatting you have any news?
Unfortunately Polaris have stopped making them after 5 years of production. Though should be a few new ones from early 2020 floating around? Some guys on this site have talked about near new ones purchased in the US depending where you look. Appears good price for those guys too. Check out the other threads on this site.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Huntsouthnz is right I would do a ring or email around dealers in your area or a little further. Different country but there was a new older ace sitting in a crate at a dealer near me that hadn't sold until recently. I wouldn't mind betting you could find a few over there just sitting somewhere with a few calls.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Unfortunately Polaris have stopped making them after 5 years of production. Though should be a few new ones from early 2020 floating around? Some guys on this site have talked about near new ones purchased in the US depending where you look. Appears good price for those guys too. Check out the other threads on this site.
I paid $4995 for mine, complete with front and rear brush guards. Built my own roof from black PVC (say $20), added the Polaris cargo extension (bought for $19 from Polaris -- on sale!), added a custom elevated rack, added an ammo box to the front hood for first aid and jump box, just added the quarter doors ($212 on sale from Polaris web site on sale), added the full windsheild for about $100 from the Polaris web site (on sale), cut holes in the front luggage insert for access to the coolant caps, added a KFI winch kit and a 2500 lb. winch (maybe $200), added overhead lights and a lightbar on the front brush guard, CB radio to be installed, spare tire carrier added to the custom rack.

I wish it had a couple more inches of ground clearance. How do I do that?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I paid $4995 for mine, complete with front and rear brush guards. Built my own roof from black PVC (say $20), added the Polaris cargo extension (bought for $19 from Polaris -- on sale!), added a custom elevated rack, added an ammo box to the front hood for first aid and jump box, just added the quarter doors ($212 on sale from Polaris web site on sale), added the full windsheild for about $100 from the Polaris web site (on sale), cut holes in the front luggage insert for access to the coolant caps, added a KFI winch kit and a 2500 lb. winch (maybe $200), added overhead lights and a lightbar on the front brush guard, CB radio to be installed, spare tire carrier added to the custom rack.

I wish it had a couple more inches of ground clearance. How do I do that?
Some Ace owners have installed an aftermarket lift kit but problems arise with CV/bearing excessive wear which will lead to failure if not kept an eye on. Then again some have fitted slightly bigger tyres but you may compromise your steering. This is how they gain another 1" or slightly more in hight. My Ace remains standard in this area. I spend a bit of time in river crossings, rocky terrain a long way in the field so wish to avoid these potential issues.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mine is the same as huntsouthnz I never bothered lifting it. Is enough stuff that will break/burnout/melt/bust without adding cv's and steering wear to the list as well. Not sure which model you have but the 325 aces have the lowest gear set in low range and will not mind slightly larger tires. I did put rock sliders/nerf bars on mine and they have protected the side of the machine when it grounds out due to being low from the factory. There is or was a few after market kits some just simple spacers to longer springs was even a portal axle kit available at one point.. One thing I would be careful of after adding a lot of electrical stuff is being stranded with a flat battery. I put the factory audio pod in the roof of ours and was doing some chores fencing listing to the radio for about 3 hours went to head home and battery was dead flat. Was a very long walk home.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine is the same as huntsouthnz I never bothered lifting it. Is enough stuff that will break/burnout/melt/bust without adding cv's and steering wear to the list as well. Not sure which model you have but the 325 aces have the lowest gear set in low range and will not mind slightly larger tires. I did put rock sliders/nerf bars on mine and they have protected the side of the machine when it grounds out due to being low from the factory. There is or was a few after market kits some just simple spacers to longer springs was even a portal axle kit available at one point.. One thing I would be careful of after adding a lot of electrical stuff is being stranded with a flat battery. I put the factory audio pod in the roof of ours and was doing some chores fencing listing to the radio for about 3 hours went to head home and battery was dead flat. Was a very long walk home.
Thanks for the advice.

Everything I put on the Ace electrically is via relays and the accessory post. The battery is very small and I carry a modern jump box with a LiPo in it. My practice is that if I am away from others, I leave the machine running until I get home unless I have serviced and confirmed the jump pack.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for the advice.

Everything I put on the Ace electrically is via relays and the accessory post. The battery is very small and I carry a modern jump box with a LiPo in it. My practice is that if I am away from others, I leave the machine running until I get home unless I have serviced and confirmed the jump pack.
Rock sliders are a must for the Ace. I cracked both the plastics on my side sills - drilled small holes and zip tied the cracks together. Then purchased the rock sliders which now give greater protection - they should have been standard fit when purchasing the Ace, not an accessory. And i feel better than the Nerf bars. I also have fitted a larger battery - another part of the thread talked about this. Concerned with the battery crapping out in the field also so have a battery booster but they don't last forever either.

·
Registered
106 Posts
A few ace's here on farms they just put a normal full size car or suv battery in a box on the tray as they were over flat batteries. Ours lives on a small trickle/top up charger when its not being used. If I am miles from home I will take a jump start pack I just don't trust it to go when I need it to. I think if Polaris engineers had of actually take time to speak to owners and tweaked a few things they would still be selling them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
A few ace's here on farms they just put a normal full size car or suv battery in a box on the tray as they were over flat batteries. Ours lives on a small trickle/top up charger when its not being used. If I am miles from home I will take a jump start pack I just don't trust it to go when I need it to. I think if Polaris engineers had of actually take time to speak to owners and tweaked a few things they would still be selling them.
You speak my mind! Totally agree. An easy fix/modification really.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tom
Hello,
I plan to sell 2 ACE, 2016 570 eps and 2015 570 with a trailer. I'm not ready yet. I need to replace the batteries so I can run them and see how many miles on it. I know it's way low. My hubby is no longer using due to his declining vision. We just bought RZR 900 ESP for 2 so we can go together. I will post the sale as soon as I can. I'm located in Southern California.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tom
I know you said you don't want a used one but... I purchased a new ACE 570 with power steering back in 2015 and it has only 22 hours on it now... Mostly because I have a John Deere gator that I use constantly. I payed $9000 for it and added $1500 in accessories would love to get $6000 for it..

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know you said you don't want a used one but... I purchased a new ACE 570 with power steering back in 2015 and it has only 22 hours on it now... Mostly because I have a John Deere gator that I use constantly. I payed $9000 for it and added $1500 in accessories would love to get $6000 for it..
What's your approximate location?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the ACE 570 deluxe version. I really enjoyed it but found a great deal on a 900 Rzr trail. For where I go, I like the 50 inch width, It feels totally different than the ACE, which I keep for friends. The Rzr allows you to have a friend with you without two machines and even as a single person machine, I just find it to offer a superior ride. The ACE is great, but the Rzr trail is just so much nicer. Some people buy the Rzr 1000 series here and put large sand tires on them and sell their new 14" stock tires and wheels cheap. They fit the trail and gives you some lift and better flotation over sand and mud than the stock 12" tires.

The extra power of the 900 Rzr trail is also pretty nice. It is 18" longer than the ACE, but turns sharper. I'm disabled and cannot safely ride a quad but with my ADA rules papers in hand, they have to allow me to use the ACE or Rzr trail on quad trails since they are not too wide for the rules.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts