Polaris ACE Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
took the ace to Winchester bay and aired it out on some big jumps even landed hard on the nose a couple of jumps. Front suspension performed flawlessly. Would not have risked jumping as hard as we did with the stock front suspension. THANK YOU RACER TECH for the awesome product and superb support. You all were number 1 for making the installation of a preproduction part go as easy as possible including overnighting me jam nuts so I could get everything together in time for my trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RyanB and Jrossiar

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Spannermaster, I too will be installing the racer tech struts when they arrive. Did you have to use new bearings and ball joints, or was it possible to use the originals. I know you got new ones just in case, but I'm wondering if I need to order them also so I can install ASAP. Also how long did the swap take and how would you rate the difficulty?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well I would just get new ball joints and bearings it makes the install so much nicer. My struts were first generation struts and they went together fairly well with a difficulty of I would say a 5 out of 10. The struts are way more refined now and should be even easier for you. You don't got to take the whole strut out to do the job just take apart the bottom. Racer tech is way good with customer support so don't be afraid to give them a call if you need help.

Reactions: Chestnut

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Best money you can spend on an ace in my opinion.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
You have made a wise decision.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I noticed you have tie rods in the pic of your upright kit. When I placed my order from racertech.com it says and I quote "this is a compete kit for both sides with all needed hardware included. The kit uses oem sized wheel bearings, studs and clips (not included) and comes with all needed hardware for installation." I talked to a tech today at racertech and was told I would indeed need to purchase their tie rods to successfully complete my installation ($300+ with shipping). Did you place your order by phone, if not, how did you know the tie rods were needed? Had I'd known, I would have also ordered the tie rods when I ordered the upright kit. Kind of frustrating

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hmm. You should not need the HD tie rods to work with our uprights. The gen1 version required it but the gen3's which you would have received should only require a spacer to set the gap and you should be good to go.

I also got your email which I would have preferred a chance to address first but I do understand your frustration. I will follow up with you tomorrow. I just need to verify who told you this and why. As long as I'm not mistaken we should have sent you the spacers with the kit and you should be all set. If we didn't send them we will next day some to you. If I'm wrong about all this then the website absolutely needs to be changed to note this and I'll get right on that as well.

Thanks,

·
Registered
23 Posts
My apologies for my impatience regarding this matter, I spoke to a tech today while I was out riding in my ace, and was told I needed the tie rods. When I got home I was going to order the tie rods, but my girlfriend took our laptop to work. I began disassembly and got on the computer a couple hours later. My kit did come with the correct spacers I believe, a black cylindrical one and a silver one for each side. I was told to put the black one on the bottom and the silver one on the top. I'm going to be offshore til the 21st so I won't be able to get back to it until then. By the way, the uprights are very well made, and I am looking forward to finishing the install and getting back out on the trail with confidence that my struts won't fail

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hmm. You should not need the HD tie rods to work with our uprights. The gen1 version required it but the gen3's which you would have received should only require a spacer to set the gap and you should be good to go.

I also got your email which I would have preferred a chance to address first but I do understand your frustration. I will follow up with you tomorrow. I just need to verify who told you this and why. As long as I'm not mistaken we should have sent you the spacers with the kit and you should be all set. If we didn't send them we will next day some to you. If I'm wrong about all this then the website absolutely needs to be changed to note this and I'll get right on that as well.

Thanks,
You guys have by far THE BEST customer service of any company I have ever done business with way to go Racer Tech.

Reactions: RT PRO

·
Registered
9 Posts
So excited my parts from Racer Tech have arrived. A lot of work ahead any advice welcome on putting these new hub struts in. I wonder if I will need special tools or not. I will be sure to take lots of pictures of the install.

I know this post is a long time ago but blew out my front hub strut on my 2016 Ace 900 with "15" casting. I have googled to find these with no luck. Any chance you know where I could get them? Thanks, Lou

21 - 39 of 39 Posts