Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's another thought for riding = Canada, British Columbia

I used to go diving up there all the time and just now wondered how much interest in riding up there. Apparently quite a lot. I know the areas are absolutely Massive and have found some long trails.

Obviously, it would be a Campout3-7 days, but whoa... nice..

I did a quick search with these hits.

and trail maps going right along the sounds/water..

I'm putting it on my list for future tripp'n... fun...

5583329-DSC01042.JPG

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Riding in Canada, eh?

I know a guy who knows a spot, but I've been waiting for him to lead a ride for years.
I'd do a Canada trip. I'd feel nekked without my TCP 738, but I'd cope.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah, as i said, i used to go up there quite a lot for diving and last year for camping up to Wells Gray Park. and the area is really rustic... No idea on the riding it the park, but in searching for "ATV riding in British Columbia" it brought up a lot of links...

Then looking at the trail routes, they look really kewl... along the inlets, up the mountains, streams etc.. amazing place BC is... and Vancouver Island, but ferry costs are high... now that the exchange rate as dropped, it's not quite as bad..

I'm keeping it on the list.. looks like an adventure for a week or more...

fun..
TCP 738? GPS or Gun? don't believe you can bring them across, maybe that's why the comment? dunno...
Not a gun guy... heheh, obviously duh!!!..

End of the road...
fpoole_WellsGrayPark2013-495.jpg

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yah, GPS, not a problem...
I guess, never really thought about it...

Also, if you think you might be doing it a lot, look into the NEXUS card... it's great... when the boarders line up with 2-3hr waits, aka Summer time, you breeze right through, 5 min max... Takes a little time to get it, but now it's being used at International airports in lieu of passports for processing.

First time i used it to clear customs from a flight from a Caribbean dive trip, it went so fast i forgot to get my luggage.. heheh I was the only one in line... kewl..

·
Registered
79 Posts
I live in British Columbia just across the border from Sumas so I think you should all come out this way for a ride!:eek:nthego:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heyya Abby... that's great... is there any local, 1-2hr travel times to, sites there... i know as you head out to Howell Sound/Whistler there could be some good areas??? dunno..

Where do you all ride?? and is there a main websites to use as references? That'd be great.

When i start riding again, Canada, BC is high up on the list.. I just saw some trails up at Powell river, used to dive a few times up there.. beautiful...

fpoole_powellRvr_279.jpg

fun...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts