Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the following:

1. Rear control arm bushings - 8 exposed zerk fittings at the frame pivots
2. Rear stabilizer bar bushings - 2, they are not as obvious, but there when you look for them
3. Prop shaft slide - 1 - easy to see when the shaft is at the right orientation and you are lying on the ground

The manual lists some that I have not been able to locate, or they do not have easily-recognized fittings:

4. Front A-arm bushings - assumed 4 - is there a cap, or does one remove the bolts?
5. Tie rod bushings - assumed 2 - it looks like a typical sealed type
6. Ball joint boot - assumed 2 - likewise appears to be a sealed unit

For neatness and protection, I purchased the little rubber zerk fitting caps for the fittings I found. They also fit the brake bleed fittings.

I would love to have your guidance about the elusive fittings!

Matt B

·
Registered
420 Posts
4. front a-arm is 1 per side. there is only the lower arm(struts for upper mount) and there is only 1 pivot point on the frame. the fitting should be in the top middle of that very wide single pivot. I found the front a-arms to make the single biggest difference in ride quality on mine when properly greased.
not sure about the other 2 but I can investigate them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I found the A-arm zerks based on your information. I thought they would be at the ends. They are at about 45 degrees from vertical at the center of the tubes. I had to wiggle back and forth a little to see around the CV axle and tie rod.

Any more hints about the tie rod bushings or ball joints?

Matt B

·
Registered
525 Posts
They don't ordinarily put zerks on the ball joints any more. If they did they should be somewhere around the bottom of the strut mount, probably on the back side. I will try to remember to look at my '06 Sportsman next time I go to the garage.
Polaris doesn't put zerks on the tie rods. All you have to do is pull the rubber cover back and squirt some in there and squish it around.

·
Registered
420 Posts
yeah ball joints and outer tie rod ends are sealed. I did not remove the boots on the inner tie rods(rack end) to verify those though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts