Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today and to my surprise I found this.

View attachment 2812
View attachment 2813

Took it to the local dealer and he said that Polaris will refuse to cover it, because they don't cover broken plastic, but he would submit the claim anyway. All of the plastic ears that the light clips to were broken clean and the light flat gone.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
That sux. I've beaten the crap out of my machine for 1400 miles and have not broken those clips yet, so I don't know if it's a design flaw.
Sorry it happened to you.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What pisses me off more than the plastic failure and the loss of the headlight, is the attitude that Polaris takes...... MSRP of $10,200 with all accessories and they tell an owner to stick it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Didn't you roll your rig over and down the hill a couple of weeks ago?
Could that of bent or creased the plastic tabs and then broke?

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Laid it over, yes, but it did not roll down any hill. I thought about that, but the one tab that appears to be the one that let go first was the one towards the center of the hood/bumper plastic looking at the light from the front, it would be the inside clip and was not part of what was on the ground. There was no broken or deformed plastic from laying it over, so I am discounting that having any impact on the tabs breaking. Looking at the other side, I would say it is a design defect, the way they are placed and the light attached.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Here's that thread: http://www.aceforums.net/forum/10-ace-pictures-videos/1069-oooops-sidehilling-fun.html

I did notice when looking mine over when I had the front off for an installation, that it did seem like a fairly flimsy way to mount the lights. But I haven't lost one yet, so didn't think much of it.

Not defending Polaris here, they are dicks when it comes to warranty stuff - but they get people claiming all kinds of things that are the user's fault, so they have to be pretty aggressive with warranty claims or it will seriously hurt the bottom line from the people who "ride it like they stole it" and then claim warranty when stuff breaks.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Laid it over, yes, but it did not roll down any hill. I thought about that, but the one tab that appears to be the one that let go first was the one towards the center of the hood/bumper plastic looking at the light from the front, it would be the inside clip and was not part of what was on the ground. There was no broken or deformed plastic from laying it over, so I am discounting that having any impact on the tabs breaking. Looking at the other side, I would say it is a design defect, the way they are placed and the light attached.
I'm sure laying it on that side surely didn't help matters as far as something breaking but I hope you get it all taken care of and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I put a sportsman on its side one time and I mean hard but was very lucky that nothing ever let loose after I did it. Good Luck

·
Registered
420 Posts
so wow I just looked at my Ace and saw how the light is mounted...a screw on the outside bracket and an o-ring that holds the pin in the grove on the inside...not impressive for sure.
The 3 screw holes shown in the pic are what is used on my scrambler to hold the factory LED hi/low lights.
Polaris will pretty much never cover anything relating to the plastic body parts as they always assume there was an excessive impact involved. A tab on the front rack of my scrambler broke in the first 5 hours of use(which was around my 5 acres) and they said I 'must have put it on wrong'. My dealer did end up eating the cost since Polaris wouldn't. Unfortunately Polaris hears a lot from guys that think their ATV is a submarine, grenade the motor, and then try to get it covered. It doesn't look like your tip over would have done much to the light area.

What did it do to the wiring?

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, it's official, Polaris refused to cover the failure. I saw the emails and pictures from the dealer to Polaris and they are nothing but scumbags in my opinion. Polaris said that it had to be crash damage, as "their plastic does not fail", yet the pictures the dealer sent and his statement was that there was NO sign of any crash or accident and it appeared to be some type of failure in the design or molding process. At least CF Moto will stand behind their product, unlike Polaris, so I am off to buy a new CF Moto 600EX SxS, instead of a Polaris 570 Rzr, as I had planned.

Reactions: Jrossiar

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Sorry you're having this trouble. How much did it set you back?

Let us know how the warranty stuff works out when the CF Moto breaks. :)

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry you're having this trouble. How much did it set you back?

Let us know how the warranty stuff works out when the CF Moto breaks. :)
Going to be over $500 if they do the work and roughly $225 and my labor if I do the work. It is going to wait till I get home and then I will tear it down and repair it myself.

As far as the warranty on CF Moto, I have seen it first hand here with several of their machines and several different dealers ...... waaaaay better than Polaris. The 800 that was spraying oil was found to be an oil line that came loose, but CF Moto said there may have been internal damage caused by the loss of oil, so they replaced the engine. That is what warranty is supposed to be about, service.

·
Registered
420 Posts
yeah if it wasn't for Polaris having some of the best 'big bore' stuff on the market I don't know how well they would be doing in the ATV market based on their warranty service. They would have to screw up pretty bad to lose much in the RZR(800CC +) market.
It happened in the auto market, all the asian cars come in with great warranties, halfway decent quality, lower price, and kill the US automakers. Much more even now but almost killed the 'big 3'.
I have looked at the CF Moto stuff and it looks decent, well equipped for the price too.
I have spent my entire working life in the technical service arena and you are right, warranty is only as good as the service behind it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Went out today and to my surprise I found this.

View attachment 2812
View attachment 2813

Took it to the local dealer and he said that Polaris will refuse to cover it, because they don't cover broken plastic, but he would submit the claim anyway. All of the plastic ears that the light clips to were broken clean and the light flat gone.
have had my new 570 3 days riding down a trail out of the corner of my eye i see my right side headlight flipping through the air did not damage it but there are little like rubber bands that hold the plastic clip,prob meant to break away. my dealer is 130 miles away i will invent something to keep it in

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey Texan don't get a cf-motto mate chineness crap Ive got one and its a heap of roo ****(fuel tank split,plastic faded,oil leaks everywhere,fuses blowing etc etc)the only reason I still got it no bike dealer will take it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've heard that the newer cf moto is ALOT better and they stand by they're product. Can't remember who it is on here but they said a few people own them that he rides with and that perform well and are reliable. The one engine failure I hear about cf moto stood behind it and replaced the engine. I heard a lot of bad stuff when they first came out but i think that have straightened most of the problems out. As with anything new! Of course this is all stuff I've heard not first hand so take it as you will. When I get ready to buy a SxS that's probably what I'm gonna get. :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have a brush guard on the front of my Ace, that may be what saves my lights. I run over 2" trees and thru brush all the time, and still holds together, so far...
I have ran thru brush and trees last weekend that tore the hard top off. And I have had those cheap plastic rivits come out, and some plastic split where screws hold it down.
I guess I need to think about getting the rear brush guard too.
But lights still holding on. Going to have to check that out when I get home this weekend. I do have LED lights as back up. Factory lights are too weak and yellow for night riding.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe there is a difference in CF Moto manufacturer & distributors between Australia and the US. Here they have a huge production facility in MN and a vastly improved distributor system. The product itself has come a looooooong ways from its introduction a few years ago and it is NOT the same as just 3 or 4 short years ago. I have at least 10-12 riding friends that have gone to CF Moto in the last year and all of them are very satisfied with the product and the support from both dealers and factory. I know the Polaris dealer here sees the handwriting on the wall and is selling his basic Rzr 570's at a very similar price as the CF Moto 800.

·
Registered
259 Posts
John Rush....... I have had the same problems with the lights bouncing out on rough trails. Once on the left and twice on the right. My simple fix was four quarter inch holes drilled in each corner of the front black plastic and a zip tie thru the holes and over that plastic support on the back of the light. Two zip ties on each light and no more problems.

By the way, when you flip up a rock and bust the back of the plastic light, bathtub calking liberally applied all around the back seals it up pretty good and a lot cheaper than buying a $75.00 light from Polaris.

Also, while you are fooling around with the lights, zip tie the wires to something. I had a big hunk of ice/snow build up on the wires and pulled one of the wires out of the back of the connector.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts