Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok now my wife and I do a lot of our riding in western Pennsylvania. This time of the year can get pretty muddy. Which I don't mind. It's the cleaning that's another story. What are people doing to avoid water in the air filter and clutch covers on both sides. Do I just remove them and stuff rags. Any sugestions.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If it's any help here's what I do..... I put the side air intake filters in small ziplock bags and put duct tape over the holes behind the filters then put the covers back on. As far as the clutch vent I duct tape it closed then zip tie a plastic bag over it for extra reassurance. I never have done anything with the air box because it seems to be sealed extremely good on mine and have never had any water get in. Another trick I do after washing mine is spray it down with a spray called SC-1 and wipe it with a soft cloth, this stuff makes it easier to clean after riding because it leaves the plastic surfaces a little slick, just don't spray it on the seat. One more product I use is called S100 I spray the entire machine down when it's dirty but after I have sealed the side intakes and clutch vent and then rinse that off before actually hand washing and it helps the mud and everything pretty much fall right off. Hope this is a little helpful to you.

·
Registered
173 Posts
You got any pics with the duct tape and ziplock bags.
I know both the intakes and the clutch vent have drain plugs for water but this is just an extra reassurance thing for me. And I do wash the intake filters by hand in soap water and let them dry after the machine is clean. Here are some pictures for you, I do a better job when I am actually washing it but I just did this up to show you so you get the idea of how I do it. View attachment 2299 View attachment 2300 View attachment 2301

·
Registered
552 Posts
If it's any help here's what I do..... I put the side air intake filters in small ziplock bags and put duct tape over the holes behind the filters then put the covers back on. As far as the clutch vent I duct tape it closed then zip tie a plastic bag over it for extra reassurance. I never have done anything with the air box because it seems to be sealed extremely good on mine and have never had any water get in. Another trick I do after washing mine is spray it down with a spray called SC-1 and wipe it with a soft cloth, this stuff makes it easier to clean after riding because it leaves the plastic surfaces a little slick, just don't spray it on the seat. One more product I use is called S100 I spray the entire machine down when it's dirty but after I have sealed the side intakes and clutch vent and then rinse that off before actually hand washing and it helps the mud and everything pretty much fall right off. Hope this is a little helpful to you.
Great Ideas. Can you give just a little more info on them SC-1 & S100 please. Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Here are some pictures of the cans. My dealer stocks both, but you can purchase them on Amazon. They are pricey but worth every penny. I did a film shoot with my Ace this fall and I have over 2300 miles on it and the people thought is was brand spanking new hahaha you guys have seen some of my pictures and how dirty I have gotten it lol! Hope this helps!!!
View attachment 2305 View attachment 2306

1 - 7 of 7 Posts