Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has done any modifications to their clutch? I've got a 330, and was just thinking about how it would've nice to make the motor not so high strung all the time. My obnoxious Yoshimura exhaust got me thinking about this. I'm thinking if I do a tuner and air filter that maybe I'd pick up enough power that gearing the motor up a little bit won't effect the performance to much, plus get some more top speed? Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Who has done any modifications to their clutch? I've got a 330, and was just thinking about how it would've nice to make the motor not so high strung all the time. My obnoxious Yoshimura exhaust got me thinking about this. I'm thinking if I do a tuner and air filter that maybe I'd pick up enough power that gearing the motor up a little bit won't effect the performance to much, plus get some more top speed? Thoughts?
Kevin....ur motor is designed to be as you called it HIGH STRUNG, and if you try to unstring it you will lose power because the 330's make their hp much higher in the powerband than say my 570. Put the stock exhaust back on it and enjoy its attitude. That's a real good motor but I don't see it as one the average guy is going to modify to make tons of power. That tuner may get you a couple of hp but the best bet is to buy the 570 and then you will have the extra 13 hp and a bunch more torque at a thousand or more less rpm that you might be looking for. Good luck

Reactions: bill albion

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Yeah, I'm not ready to get a 570 yet, I've only had mine out a few times as it is.
I'm just trying to save you some money, because I really don't think the 330 will achieve hp and tq numbers of the 570 without some major modifications and may not even with those. The money you spend on the 330 could be used on the purchase of a 570 and then you will have a motor that is designed for lower rpm use with higher hp and more TQ.....Just my suggestion to you...Have fun

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Kevin from Granite Falls, I used to live in Snohomish and jeep up by Granite Falls. About the RPM modification, there is a piece on ATVTV.com where they modify a 570 for lower rpm. Good information there. Now that said, I agree that the 330 just lacks cc's for higher gearing but give it a try and report back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts