Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Scotland!
My first post. Great site BTW.

Can you tell me if there is a poly roof available in colours other than black?
if not, would i need to buy a metal one and have it painted or alternatively get a roof vinyl wrapped?
i'm looking at ORANGE as being the preferred choice so that the vehicle(s) could be seen easier from the air.
i'm working on a new project which i'm hoping to develop into a working venture and involves group trekking in the Scottish Cairngorm mountains.
A bright roof colour would act as a visual emergency beacon in case an air lift was ever required following injury or health issues.
There'd also be a flare gun and SAT phone among other emergency equipment but anything that improves the speed of emergency services must be worthwhile.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me.

...... and, completely off topic,.... why, all of a sudden, can't i get my iMac keyboard to give me a capital letter i ?

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
My first thought would be to carry a can of neon orange plastidip. In an emergency you could spray the roof.

Have you ever seen a plasti dipped car?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I wear bright red underarmour boxers under my riding pants. I figure in an emergency, I can whip that baby off and use it as a flag!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My first thought would be to carry a can of neon orange plastidip. In an emergency you could spray the roof.

Have you ever seen a plasti dipped car?

Spray cans don't work very well in Scotland. The sun dries the paint even before its hit the surface..... it's that hot here!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like a paint job or roof sticker will be the way forward then. Plastidip flexi paint would work as long as i did it indoors - out of the heat...!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts