Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a modification to my 900 SP last year to redirect the heat coming into the cabin, it worked great so I just did the same thing to my wife's ride. I put a louvered panel on the front storage cover and cut the inside out to allow max air flow. After removing the access cover for the radiator, the heat comes out the top instead of being forced into the cabin. I painted my cover black, but the wife wanted the aluminum look for hers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After a ride I use a garden sprayer loaded with a 50/50 mix of water and simple green. Rinse the ACE with water, spray the entire vehicle, let it sit a few minutes and spray away the dirt with a garden hose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love this idea. On my 900 I don't use the front storage for much. A couple weeks ago we were on the Mt Magazine trails here in Arkansas. Very hot with high humidity. I got overheated because of the heat coming up thru the floor board. Almost didn't make it back. Your idea is the best idea I have seen yet short of a radiator relocation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love this idea. On my 900 I don't use the front storage for much. A couple weeks ago we were on the Mt Magazine trails here in Arkansas. Very hot with high humidity. I got overheated because of the heat coming up thru the floor board. Almost didn't make it back. Your idea is the best idea I have seen yet short of a radiator relocation.
This mod is much cheaper than a radiator relocation, and the difference is amazing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To try it out, I took off the radiator access panel and raised the cargo lid by 4 inches. I cut two plastic tubes to go over the latches. I used a bungee to hold it down. Worked great. Definitely saw a difference in the heat. My lower doors are coming off during the hot months. Just have to EMBRACE THE MUD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts