Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a thread someone posted about some lifts for the ace but I'm looking for bigger. Is there anyone or anywhere that makes a custom 5-6 inch lift for the ace, or maybe for a sportsman 570 because I know the suspention is the same? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I wonder if you will find anything over 2", as they are having increased wear on the cv joints with just 2". I know I would be very hesitant to go over 2". Also, the machine becomes very squirrely on turns, with just a 2" rise and an 26" tires. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Currently talking to Catvos and Stateline Customs about building a 6" and doing a clutch kit. I'm out of state working right now or one of them would have my ace torn apart right now building!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Had a friend drop off the ace at catvos today. Theyre building a 6" lift and a clutch kit for it. I'll post progress pics when I get some.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Talked to them today, slow progress with Christmas and a couple bikes in line ahead of it. Said he was shooting for 2 weeks. Gonna be a 2" forward and 2" back stretch on wheelbase. Estimated at 60" width. Should be plenty stable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sounds awesome cant wait to see some pics. Did they happen to mention if they were working on any other lifts or a-arms for the rear or front for the ace? I was wanting more clearence myself but dont want to go to quite the extent you have!

·
Registered
65 Posts
No they did not. Highlifter has arched front arms but so far no rears. No pics as of yet. Slow go with the holidays. I stopped in yesterday on my way back to Ohio, to drop of the superatv power steering kit so they could install it. Decided on a nice radius cage and rear bumper with a roof and windshield to fit the cage. Certainly would think it will be finished in the next 3 weeks that I will be away. They seemed pretty pumped about it so hoping for the best! lol

·
Registered
525 Posts
This is a very interesting project. I just assume they are using longer axles to gain the width. I would love to see some detail pictures when they get finished.

·
Registered
134 Posts
HTML:
Hey Dgandy any updates on your ace build yet? By the way i have seen the a-arms highlifter makes but for some reason they are no longer available on there website. I found them on the side by side stuff website but the fact that highlifter no longer offers them has got me a little hesitant. Does anyone know why they no longer offer them?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I have spoken with HighLifter on the phone twice, and each time I got different answers about stuff.
Also they could not answer technical questions about the caster change their A-arms result in.

The last time I talked with them, the guy said the first production run had been a limited one, and they were making some design changes and getting ready to start another run, but could not give me a date.
I suspect that if you place an order on SxS Stuff, it will either get back-ordered indefinitely, or you will get a leftover from the first production run which evidently has some design problems.

I was interested in getting these, but after the clusterfrack it turned out to be, I gave up on them and just bought some nice UHMW A-arm guards from Factory UTV instead.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanx scoundrel that makes up my mind for me. I will just wait for another manufacturer to make a set, besides i want both front and rear i think its a little pointless to just do the fronts and still get hung up on my rears! Plus i love the look it gives the machine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts