Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to buy a front outer CV Boot? The old Polaris part number was 2205631 for the boot. Polaris has discontinued this part and superseded by 1333246 which is not the boot but the front half shaft. I am hoping to find the old part number for just the boot as my local dealers can't find the old part for just the boot. Has anyone else run into this?

Reactions: luvdamud

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
If Polaris has stopped selling the boots separately, you're going to need an aftermarket boot kit.
19-5026 All Balls Racing
Amazon.com: All Balls CV Boot Kit 19-5026: Automotive (the amazon photo is wrong, it actually looks like the one on the All Balls site)

Which means you're also going to need a banding tool.
Amazon.com: OTC 4623 CV Joint Banding Tool And Cutter: Automotive

I have used these two items on my ACE, and while I cannot say that I am 100% satisfied with the fit, it did work and is about half the price Polaris was charging for their boot kit.
Of course you need the tool too, so that brings it up to the same as the Polaris boot kit - but you only have to buy the tool once.

View attachment 2852

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank-you very much, I have ordered from Amazon!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
You're welcome!

The All Balls part numbers for the others are:
CV Boot Repair Kit - Front, Outer 19-5026 $13.20
CV Boot Repair Kit - Rear, Inner 19-5022 $13.20
CV Boot Repair Kit - Rear, Outer 19-5022 $13.20

For some reason they don't list a front inner. Looking at the ACE, it appears to be smaller in diameter than the outer.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Does anyone know where to buy a front outer CV Boot? The old Polaris part number was 2205631 for the boot. Polaris has discontinued this part and superseded by 1333246 which is not the boot but the front half shaft. I am hoping to find the old part number for just the boot as my local dealers can't find the old part for just the boot. Has anyone else run into this?
I'm looking at this now, as I need a new boot. I'm not having any trouble finding it.

KIT, BOOT, OUTBOARD, item: 2204459, $28.59
I'm not going as far as actually ordering it, since I already have the strap tool and I don't want to pay $30 for a $12 boot.

View attachment 2986

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just received my boot from All-Balls, my dealer figured out a way to use one from a Sportsman. I didn't really need it since I bought the All-Balls but they worked hard to find a solution and were so excited I told them to put it on. I am sure I will need the other one soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts