Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got decent enough conditions to try out the Desert Craft Suspension Seat Brackets. My old standby trail only a few miles from my house. Last time I rode was Xmas day. Due to almost zero snow this winter, most every legal trail system has been closed to riders. This trail in NH is The Rockingham Recreational Trail aka The Rock. Being the only legally open trail in New England means that it has seen a crazy amount of traffic. Today was no exception. Also means its gotten pretty rough. Any of you that have seen my video's in the video section, know that last few times I've been there, it was more like riding a smooth dirt road. http://www.aceforums.net/forum/10-ace-pictures-videos/2721-new-video-after-installing-new-26-tires-accessories-my-900sp.html#post26417

Well not today. I didn't think to grab my GoPro, so no video of this ride. But was really very good conditions to really get a feel for the new seat brackets. Pretty much all bumps the entire length of the trail and back. @ 25 miles round trip from the parking lot. Everything from stutters to 12-14" deep whoops. Hardly a flat place anywhere. Still frost in the ground and sheets of ice some places. With the temps in the mid 50's there is enough melt going on to make some mud. Some of the icy places had huge melt pot holes. Some places with lots of direct sun even made it dusty here and there.

First noticeable difference is with the brackets, I now sit @ 1" taller in the ACE. For me that's a good thing. I find that little difference in height makes things far more comfortable.

The seat brackets really help take out the shock of the deep stuff and square edge. Lots of those today as the ground is still frozen and the bumps were made prior to the seasonal freeze. So no give to most of them. The little stutters weren't even noticeable. I was able to maintain a quick pace over them. Medium size felt fine. Only places I could really keep my foot in it was the deep whoops where the ACE's short wheelbase and no ability to wheelie or use body language meant I had to take it easy there.

I have a very bad back. Spinal and nerve damage injuries sustained during a 10 year MX career many years ago means I really have to be mindful about riding too fast. I had to give up snowmobiles, bikes and quads because of my back. But the ACE has got me back in the game. Slightly larger diameter tires help suck up the bumps, and these brackets help even more.

My back sure thinks these are worth every penny spent on them.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Yes....they are the best mod that your money can buy. I've had mine for a year now and love how they take the sharp stuff out of trail riding. I would suggest checking all screws on occasion, because they will get loose if you didn't use loc-tite

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes....they are the best mod that your money can buy. I've had mine for a year now and love how they take the sharp stuff out of trail riding. I would suggest checking all screws on occasion, because they will get loose if you didn't use loc-tite
I know this is a really old thread but for any new forum members this may be helpful. I too installed this on my Rzr and loved it. I'm thinking of getting a set for my 900xc too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts