Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I drop almost $400 to have a bolt on style door and the stuff they have sent me is crap. I can live with the lack of instructions, a little common sense and you can figure out what goes where. What I can't live with is the horrible craftsmanship these have been built with. I have already had to have Jake at UTV Giant ship me new latch bracket for the passenger side because the post the door latch catches on was welded at a "jaunty" angle (must have been made on a Friday). The threaded sleeve that is welded on to the new bracket had so much weld spatter in it, that it ruined the bolt with the rubber stopper on it. I can't use it now. I finally get a chance to install the new doors today and it is constantly cut, drill, grind down and worst of all, the side bracket that replaces the drivers side bolster that bolts in to the side of the frame on the bottom on the drivers side is at least 20 degrees out from being flush when you tighten the torx head bold down. If I wanted to do all this fab work, I would have kept the XP1K doors I was going to put on. At least then I knew what I was in for.

I don't know if they switched fab shops that build them for UTV Giant or what. I do know UTV Giant sub contracts the stuff to another fab shop but whoever is building these doors does not deserve to call themselves a fabricator!
I thought putting my doors on would be a nice little break from shoveling snow. I was having more fun shoveling the damn snow.

rant over.... for now...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Oh great. I have a new set, still in the box sitting in my garage. Thanks for the heads up on the **** storm that awaits me. Just great. ........

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
I had some birthday gift money and was looking at the doors vs. EPS. I may wait to see a response from the vendor before I buy. Many thanks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know the saddest part, they use quality materials and the stuff "looks" good. It is just not put together well at all. I know lots of guys on this forum have been running them and are happy. Maybe I just got a set built by the "new guy" at the fab shop. I'm thinking about calling Jake tomorrow to discuss this but the last time I tried to reach him it took over a week to finally catch him on the phone. Unfortunately, you can't leave a voicemail and the email the answering machine told me to send went unanswered.

I definitely hope you guys have better luck than I did.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
You know the saddest part, they use quality materials and the stuff "looks" good. It is just not put together well at all. I know lots of guys on this forum have been running them and are happy. Maybe I just got a set built by the "new guy" at the fab shop. I'm thinking about calling Jake tomorrow to discuss this but the last time I tried to reach him it took over a week to finally catch him on the phone. Unfortunately, you can't leave a voicemail and the email the answering machine told me to send went unanswered.

I definitely hope you guys have better luck than I did.
I do think you just got a bad set Luvdamud. I know quite a few people that are running these doors and haven't heard very many complaints at all. I know that doesn't make you feel any better, but I think your right to contact them and speak of your issues. Never know they might replace them with a better set. Good Luck

Reactions: Scoundrel

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
The lack of instructions that I have heard from many people is pretty lame. Other reviewers have been kinder, but the overall experience seems like a dumb problem that the vendor should have fixed by now.

·
Registered
421 Posts
X2. I put XP1K doors on my wife's Ace, name my own hinge mounts and latch plate. Maybe I should have done the same with my 570. I'll open the box up in the morning..........

·
Registered
11 Posts
Utv giant doors

I just installed 2 sets of utv giant doors today one on my wife ace and one on mine real smooth installation ,it took 1hr to do both i found the quality gd,i like them .there was no directions but it was pretty easy to figure out

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
Good to know. I've been too scared to open my box of new doors😂

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just installed 2 sets of utv giant doors today one on my wife ace and one on mine real smooth installation ,it took 1hr to do both i found the quality gd,i like them .there was no directions but it was pretty easy to figure out
Hey where did you find shock covers? I need them. Please help. Chad

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Hey where did you find shock covers? I need them. Please help. Chad
I think you are referring to the red springs,,,,,,which come on the white lightening ACE My voodoo blue ace has white springs If I'm wrong sry

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Good to know. I've been too scared to open my box of new doors😂
Hope to ease your nerves some more....I just bought a set today and have complete faith in what they will send me. Seen too many of them, and heard few complaints, and know they are a quality product, and I'm sure the ones in your boxes will be good to

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thanks Vandal. They look good to me.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Thanks Vandal. They look good to me.
Your very welcome... I have seen numerous RZRs and a few ACEs with their doors and all have been great quality. I am sorry luvdamud got a bad set but that is going to happening with anything fabricated....he was just the unlucky one. I hope we both get to enjoy our doors for years to come. Post a pic when you get yours on....Vandal

Reactions: Scoundrel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same story here. i installed three sets of these on 570s and each one had to get new latches and reinstall the clasp. The threads were messed up and the replacement bolts were not the same as the stock hole they were supposed to replace. At least that is what I figure because there were no instructions.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Doors are my next acquisition and the UTV Giant doors were going to be the ones, but not now. This is not the first post on the piss poor UTV Giant door and in this post alone, there are at least 4 bad door sets from the factory and NOT one word from them about how they are going to address the issue. UTV Giant has now joined my list of POOR companies to deal with and one that I won't buy from or recommend to anyone else.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Doors are my next acquisition and the UTV Giant doors were going to be the ones, but not now. This is not the first post on the piss poor UTV Giant door and in this post alone, there are at least 4 bad door sets from the factory and NOT one word from them about how they are going to address the issue. UTV Giant has now joined my list of POOR companies to deal with and one that I won't buy from or recommend to anyone else.
Yep...four bad posts in this thread alone, and 3 of them are from one guy with 2 posts total to his name on this forum. so looks like to me he came here for one reason....to slam a company because he couldn't figure out how to install these doors, and I cant put much stock in someone that does that. If you don't want the doors...no problem but I'm not going to be led like sheep because of some guy that nobody knows posting a complaint in his 2nd post on the forum. I've seen too many of these doors to be led to believe that they are all crap when I know that they are not crap. Luvdamud, I believe he had problems but I think he just was the unlucky recipient of a bad set, and I hope UTV Giant takes care of him. Look at all the good posts from our known members, that love these doors. Those are the people I'm gonna take advise from

Reactions: Stubby

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have had the UTV Giant doors on 3 different RZR's and not one problem with any of them. I do plan to buy a set for the ACE soon.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts