Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I sure got a lot of help on this one! I pulled it yesterday. Not to bad of a job except for the spring pin!! Pulled the floor out and right front wheel and snaked it out of there. That frikken pin was a sob! Might replace it with a bolt. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well I sure got a lot of help on this one! I pulled it yesterday. Not to bad of a job except for the spring pin!! Pulled the floor out and right front wheel and snaked it out of there. That frikken pin was a sob! Might replace it with a bolt. Any thoughts??
I have no idea where this pin is located or what it does, but my caution would be that a spring pin fits the hole and holds the parts in place with ZERO play or clearance. This will probably not hold true with a bolt, unless you get really fancy with a reamer and a shoulder bolt. I suggest extreme caution.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just seeing this,never on forum, I just had to do mine also and you did it the exact same way I did it, and I replace the pin with grade 8 bolt of the same size and put nylon locknut on it,will be a lot easier to get out next time

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just seeing this,never on forum, I just had to do mine also and you did it the exact same way I did it, and I replace the pin with grade 8 bolt of the same size and put nylon locknut on it,will be a lot easier to get out next time
My only thought on the bolt is it may slop the hole out. A spring pin has continuous pressure. I'll have to keep an eye on it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.