Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my first post and I'm not much for forums but so far I like what I see on this one and love this ACE so I might be on here a lot.

Anyway, I have 6hrs and 80 miles on my ACE. Somewhere around 3hrs a Symbol "E" came on right next to my shift indicator symbol (P, R, H, etc). Combed the manual and couldn't find anything solid but maybe emissions? Anyway I did put some 89 octane fuel in it and a buddy told me to run higher premium fuel. What's your take on fuel type? I contacted the dealer and will be bringing it into service when it gets closer to 10hrs. Over the phone the dealer is clueless. I KNOW ITS NOT THE "E" as in empty fuel tank.

Does anyone have a similar issue or know what it means?

·
Registered
79 Posts
If I remember right, if your gauge is on engine temperature, the E is for Engine. I can't remember for sure tho.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Just went out and looked.
If the first photo is what you are seeing, then revolutionz_s13 is exactly right. Note the temperature reading on the right.
Push the black button on the right of the cluster, and the E should disappear, and it will show you some other data point on the right.
Keep pushing the button to note the different data points. The 2nd photo shows the system voltage, and the 3rd one shows the RPM. I skipped a few screens.

The manual starts talking about the instrument cluster, and the mode button, on page 36. Page 41 mentions engine temperature mode.
But you're right, nowhere in the manual do they show the different mode screens, so you wouldn't see one with the E showing.

View attachment 1448 View attachment 1449 View attachment 1450

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup that's exactly what I'm seeing! Thanks!! I thought it was actually going away from time to time but I'm guessing it was just me switching modes and was a bit tired and not realizing what was happening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts