Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I filled up and ran 61 miles. I had 1 bar left on the fuel gauge. When I filled up again, the tank took 4 gallons. Had 1 gallon left.
Probably about 95% of my riding was in low gear and 10 mph or lower. Some time I have to get up and run from one spot to another on the road. Then I go in High and run around 25 to 35 mph.

·
Registered
130 Posts
We can get every bit of 80 miles on a tank with a lot of low gear and technical riding. With a lot of flat riding and steady speed of 20mph, we have extra gas but confident out to 100 miles.
Terrain ( flat, hilly, steep trails), speed, lead foot and throttle jockey (like me), weight of rider and cargo will all effect total miles per tank. The Ace is a high rpm motor, so slow riding and lots of hills you can have high rpm constantly. Learn your style to your ace for true mpg so you know.
We went to windrock last month, was told bring extra. Drove 84 miles. But it was steady 20mph, some technical and some play time, 3 of us had more than a quarter tank left in our ace's. A steady speed reduced our average rpm and literally saved us gas.
Went on shorter rides and burned more. So, bottom line. Atv ' have to many variations to say what they get for gas milage. Unlike an automobile.
Happy trails

duane
two 2014 Polaris ACE

·
Registered
57 Posts
In of road slow moving vehicles such as agriculture, industrial and also marine use fuel consumption is measured in gallons per hour. The wee Ace fuel use is almost hours per gallon.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was on gravel roads moving between areas. Then get in cut over timber, then move to marshy areas, then moved to dense timber and brush, then get on road and move to another spot. I got on the blacktop on 3 round trips. Each round trip was about a mile.
I had to cross a creek or run several miles to get around it. It looked too tough and steep from the Ace, so I got out and it looked doable. I got back in the Ace and it looked too tough again. I got out one more time and while standing on the edge of the creek, figured I could go straight down, then run with the water, then turn up about 50 ft down the creek.
Got back in the Ace and it didn't look good, but I tried anyway. I figured I could winch out if I had to. Went into the creek easily, ran down with the water and when I wanted to turn up the other side, it looked too steep again, but I had no choice. I tried at a slight angle, and didn't work, turned and went straight up and she went. I am surprised at how much this thing gets me through for the HP and tire size.
Thinking about a little more clearance. I am hitting a lot stuff going thru cut timber areas and hitting bottom.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Green Ace not available in UK 2014, so I'm going to paint the white bits dark green {Land Rover green} this summer. Fed up being laughed at by farmer pals for having a suburban toy.

But you are right Rduhon, the Ace is a lot more stable and safe with the longer wheelbase and lower centre of gravity on steep slippy land than the quad bike, and it constantly surprises me on its capabilities.

I've had a clicking noise from the back axle and found a little movement on rear calipers so that may be the problem, but Ace is in dealers for service and he was told about this so hopefully it will be fixed.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I bought mine, all they had was green and white.
White was the 570, but that was too much white for hunting.
I took the graphics off of my ace. Next is all the big square warning signs.
I can see them tron 100 yards away. Especially the one on the left dash and on the belt cover.
Everything else is green or black.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's not very good mileage. On a 51 mile trip at Bearwallow HM my 570 ace only used two bars. 1.7 gallons and this was almost all in low gear also I guess the higher rpms the 330 turns causes more gas usage or possibly a terrain difference. It's all good though as long as we're having fun

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
That's not very good mileage. On a 51 mile trip at Bearwallow HM my 570 ace only used two bars. 1.7 gallons and this was almost all in low gear also I guess the higher rpms the 330 turns causes more gas usage or possibly a terrain difference. It's all good though as long as we're having fun
I got 135 miles on a tank of gas in the 330 ACE during a trip to the Paiute ATV Trail. That's about 27 MPG. And that was with 150 lbs of camping gear strapped to it. It all depends on what kind of riding you're doing.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
With 2000 miles on the 330 Ace, I have never gone UNDER 20 MPG on any trip. I use 100 miles as my refill point and have never run out, knock on wood. I have gotten as high as 32 MPG on hard packed flat terrain in AZ.

Reactions: Vandal

·
Registered
18 Posts
Seems like every ace is slightly different on mileage ,partly from use and maybe from how it was broken in?I can easily go 135 miles plus with varying types of riding thrown in.Mostly low gear for slow hunting of partridge and high gear for travelling big distances for said birdies.I also like to explore old hunting trails and old atv trails just because,which are mostly hard packed dirt with mud holes thrown in for good measure.Vary seldom do I go over 15 to 20 mph unless im on a road going from a to b.Im constantly being surprised by the little motor .For an example today I spied a steep sand hill that others had gone up so I decided to see if the little fella could do it also.Low gear and from close up I gave it the gas and the little guy powered up the hill like nobodys business!One thing about the ace is you better be prepared to answer a lot of questions on the trail as everybody ive met so far has bombarded me with questions.So far everybody seems to really like it ,even if they don't know what the heck it is,lol.Though not the rockies, where I live is pretty rough country and im very impressed with the power and gas economy of the baby ace. She,s a keeper!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts