Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have had my ace for a few months now and when i was installing rear lights i was following the wire harness and found whats looks to be a power connection comin from the rear left tailight! What is this for? Its been really bothering me lol! I have a trickle charger that fits the plug perfectly but im not sure if thats what its for? Does anybody know or can anyone help! Thanx

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had the same question a couple months ago. Scoundrel answered my question on it. It a a power connector that I used for a back up light. It will only work when the key is on!!!
I wired up a waterproof toggle switch and installed it on the seat belt side rear panel (very easy to go to). Installed the switch so it has to be flipped up to come on so I wouldn't accidentally hit it and turn it on.

NOT FOR A TRICKLE CHARGER.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I know this is an old thread but can we hook up a rear light to it or any kind of system requiring power???? what are the limitations or what do you guys use it for?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Might want to check the wiring gauge & fusing before going overboard with anything on that pigtail. I'm thinking it's a factory license plate light pre-wire for jurisdictions that may require such. If that's indeed the case I'd suspect it's sized for not much more than that. Rear bunny burners could be more than those leads can handle.

Addendum/Correction:
Looks like MarkPickens' post in this thread answered this. Apparently it's on the 20A accessory circuit, so it should handle more than a plate light.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes he is correct its on the 20A accessory circuit and its on a keyed power. So when you run your ace the plug will have power! You will have to run wires for a switch if you want to use it for lights or they will be on all the time. I have my stereo plugged into mine i didnt wire in a switch cause i can always turn the power off on my unit if i dont want to use it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts