Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motor vehicle Windshield Vehicle Car Glass I just bought the EMP windshield for my ACE. it seems pretty decent for $139. The bottom edge treatment is a bit of a pain to get installed and not totally to my liking but I still give it a grade of A minus. I have a 2 piece EMP windshield for my Gator and it's edge treatment is not the greatest and I give it a C+ the attractive part is the prices are very reasonable compared to manufacturer options. does anyone else have an EMP windshield?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Several people here have them.
I wish mine had come with a removable sticker like yours. Mine has the EMP logo engraved in it, can't get rid of it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine was engraved too. i didn't like it as I thought it appeared chintzy and created a "weak spot". I put the sticker over the top of it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Ace Mustang, as Scoundrel said several of us have this windshield, including me. I have been satisfied with it. For a while I took it off when trailering. I tried to trailer it a month ago without removing it and two of the rubber straps came loose. I have read about other problems while trailering with the windshield in place. A couple of weeks ago I ordered the Polaris trailerable cover. The cover got good reviews on this forum. I will try that tomorrow when I take my Ace to the dealer for service and hopefully to get the speed sensor replaced. It is a pain to store the windshield without scratching it when trailering.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ACE Mustang, I too have the EMP windshield (and back screen). I am very happy with mine. I believe the rubber attachments are much more secure than the Polaris attachment system. I have trailered mine over 100 miles at 55 to 60 mph with the shields in place without a problem. However, I trailer mine on a relatively low utility trailer behind an SUV (Buick Rainier). That may cut down the amount of direct airflow on it. I have been considering a removable shield for trailering to protect it from highway hazards. I am also modifying the Polaris roof attachment to prevent loss of roof during trailering.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
What's the best way to clean these windshields to keep from scratching them? Would something like Rain-X be good to use after cleaning?
A very good rinse before trying to clean them helps cut down on scratches, and then a very soft sponge or towel and lots of soapy water works for me. Just remember to get as much of the grit off before doing any wiping...Good Luck I really don't think something like rain-X will do anything to cut down on scratches....but you can try

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
I use the Rain-X windshield wash on mine after washing it and it really helps keep some of the mud and dust from sticking to it, if it's raining the water really does move away to make it much easier to see. It's not perfect but does help. The scratches on mine have come from tree limbs and such.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts