Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My windshield came today and inside was also a soft cooler and a can coozy. Thanks EMP. When I get some more funds there's a couple more things I want.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Enjoy your 30 day warranty and poor customer service, if anything goes wrong.

·
Registered
72 Posts
EMP windshield and back window is less than the Polaris ones even discounted. My thought is there gonna get scratched at some point and need to be replaced anyway any comments in which is better? EMP not good to deal with.Is any one dealing directly with them or 3rd party.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
EMP windshield and back window is less than the Polaris ones even discounted. My thought is there gonna get scratched at some point and need to be replaced anyway any comments in which is better? EMP not good to deal with.Is any one dealing directly with them or 3rd party.
I dealt directly with them, so my statement is 1st hand, NOT through a 3rd party.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is not much to warranty on a windshield except what it looks like out of the box.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
When my winch mount arrived and I discovered that the angles were wrong so it did not fit, I contacted them and included photos showing how it did not fit.
They sent me a replacement and a return shipping label with no issues.
It did take a long time for stuff to arrive, but I didn't have any hassles on it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was looking at the SUPER ATV Site and they had a nice buy on a 3500lb and 4500lb winch with synthetic rope with a fixed and wireless control. anyone have one? any good? no good? comments

Lonnie, do you like your EMP windshield and how it mounts ? worth the chance with EMP?

·
Registered
95 Posts
We sell 100s of EMP Products a Month and they always seem to be awesome to deal with and back there stuff, not sure what happened that time. If anyone ever needs help with EMP stuff let me know - JT

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
We sell 100s of EMP Products a Month and they always seem to be awesome to deal with and back there stuff, not sure what happened that time. If anyone ever needs help with EMP stuff let me know - JT
Here is the email I received when I sent photos validating the problem. All I asked for was the several hardware items items to repair the problem, nothing more. IMO, very poor warranty and absolutely horrible customer service.

Unfortunately, you purchased this in January and the 30 day warranty has expired. We can sell you a new replacement handle for the windshield at a cost of $30.00. If you would like to purchase one you may call Matt or Mike and they will be able to help you with any further assistance you may need.

Thank you,
Gretchen

Extreme Metal Products LLC
Extreme Metal Products - ATV Parts & UTV Accessories

216-267-5335 ext 212 phone
216-267-3992 Fax

Hours of Operation: 8:00am - 4:30pm EST (USA)

Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 11:41 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject:

Broken pins on the handle. More to follow.
Robert Lindsey
208-473-1520

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was looking at the SUPER ATV Site and they had a nice buy on a 3500lb and 4500lb winch with synthetic rope with a fixed and wireless control. anyone have one? any good? no good? comments

Lonnie, do you like your EMP windshield and how it mounts ? worth the chance with EMP?
Mine is just the basic windshield. After mounting it (which was very easy) there are some areas at the bottom where the rubber strip is that does not completely rest on the console, nothing major but it does have a couple of places where air and water could come through. I'll take a couple of pictures of it. The only reason I got one is to keep some of the cold West Virginia air from hitting me straight on and to help keep water off when it is raining. My biggest gripe was when it was raining and you came to a stop the water from the roof would roll off and fall right into your lap. The windshield looks like it will stop that from happening. Now back to the original question, it is exactley what I thought it would be, mounted very easy and I ordered it on a Thursday night and it was delivered the following Monday afternoon here in Clemmons North Carolina. With the discount and free shipping it cost me somewhere around $136.00 total. I feel good about it so far, now to test it on the trails.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I'm going ahead with the EMP windshield.

I will try it out as it comes out of the box first, then after a ride or two I may consider modifying it.
I bought a hardware kit that has the stuff they use to make the RZR windshield a flip-up, and I may try to convert the EMP windshield to a flip-up with it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Scoundrel, A while back you posted about making attachments with post, would mind posting again on how to, I though I would post the small gap's in my windshield.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can see the small are's where the windshield does not fit exactly. After a rain ride I'll post on how it does.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As I get older I can no longer stand the cold weather and yes I'm a "Southern Sissy" but in West Virginia it can get cold as #%^$. I've rode atv's and motorcycles all these years and the wind is the worst thing to deal with. Several of the guy's have windshields on their SxS's and the windshield makes a great difference in cold weather. Heck, if they came out with a full enclosure and a heat system for the Ace I'd have one for sure. I've seen some post on here about the heat around the floorboard area, I sure hope it keeps my feet warm.:glee:

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
As I get older I can no longer stand the cold weather and yes I'm a "Southern Sissy" but in West Virginia it can get cold as #%^$. I've rode atv's and motorcycles all these years and the wind is the worst thing to deal with. Several of the guy's have windshields on their SxS's and the windshield makes a great difference in cold weather. Heck, if they came out with a full enclosure and a heat system for the Ace I'd have one for sure. I've seen some post on here about the heat around the floorboard area, I sure hope it keeps my feet warm.:glee:
Here you go .... Canvas Cab System for 2014 2015 Polaris Sportsman Ace | eBay

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've been looking at that one on the Polaris site but $800 is a little steep for me. Now if it was half that price I'd be in for sure.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts