Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on a new or rebuilt engine ?? 7240 miles and 540 hours she finally let go... Main bearing or something let go started knocking after power loss.
2018 900 xc

·
Registered
108 Posts
Gents,

It isn't exactly the same engine as the RZR 900, but close. The 900XC engine has is 78HP and the RZR engine is 75HP. Might not be a big difference, but I couldn't even get polaris to admit that the 2 engines were alike enough to swap. When I had my engine rebuilt in 2019, I looked all over the US of A and there are a lot of places that will do it, but very few places will exchange engines because nobody has a 900XC engine in stock, except polaris and that will be brand new cost. I ended up having cryoheat out of kalifornia do mine and I should have just went with one of my other choices. It started out bad and went worse from there. Shipping by UPS and the box was destroyed on delivery. They didn't discover that there was damage until at the end of the rebuild and it ended up costing me an extra $600 bucks and I wasn't happy. Also a one off rebuild wasn't a high priority and what was supposed to take 2 months ended up taking 5 months. They didn't just rebuild it but also did their special processes (you can look it up on their website) and that cost also. Total cost was around $4200. I could have gotten it done in 3 weeks with a complete rebuild from a place in, I think, Indiana for about $3600, but no special processes. Ended my 2019 race season because it took them so long. Oh well, live and learn. I wouldn't recommend them, but if you live in southern kalifornia and you can deliver and pick your engine up, it might be worth the trip.

If you search on the net for RZR engine rebuilds a lot of places will come up and it really comes down to how close are they to where you are and how well do you trust them off of their website and maybe a phone call. The costs I found in 2019 were between $2800 - $5000-ish, but some had warranties and some didn't. Nflow was one of the places I found, but there were on what I thought was the high end, but after what I spent, it ended up being close to what they quoted me. So no matter who you choose (unless you do it yourself, which I will do next time) it will not be cheap, but what choice do you have?

I can say my engine now has almost 1000 hard, racing miles (after the rebuild break in which I used the process that Bikeman Performance uses - 4 hours of certain RPMs to break in the rings and 2 oil changes I think) and I haven't had one issue so far. It has been through a rough partial (65 miles) Parker 250, a complete Silver State 300 (275 miles) and a complete 13 hour straight Vegas to Reno (514 miles+) and I also broke in 2 belts and did a lot of shock testing miles. So, there is that.

Just my $0.005.

V22Driver

1 - 4 of 4 Posts