Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I ride in texas and it gets hot here as well as many other states, so my question goes out to the guys who ride in the sun and see 90-100 degree days. But I have noticed that my ace 570 gets hotter after I turn it off from my ride, I have seen it as high as 240 degrees farenheit, no warning lights, and as soon as I start it the temp will come back down to 18-190, but sitting off after a ride the temp climbs higher than comfortable with. Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have never monitored temp after shutting down. But while riding my fan turns on at 204 f and turns off at 179 f.
When I turn it off, I usually take the key out and get out.
I can check this weekend to see how it does on mine.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the ace 570sp when we stop I leave the engine running or if we shout the engine down we leave the key on and the fan will cool the engine down in a couple min. I do the same with my diesel truck. I feel the engine needs to be cooled down before I shut down completely.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree entirely mistee, I typically let my mechanical things idle before shut down or I just leave them at idle till I return to use of the go pedal, how ever I hear what I believe to be belt drag because my tranny makes some gear noise when shifting and is hard to shift at times from one gear to another. So I was stopping and starting frequently to avoid extended idle periods burning my belt in spots. So in these starting stopping periods I was playing with the info display and noticed this heat issue.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And I know your right randy, but I had to ask because I was expecting it with the engine tranny setup, to be open enough to disapate the heat better, I know the exhaust wraps around the motor but it is still really open...

·
Registered
420 Posts
engine temp tends to run in a sinusoidal pattern. I always wait to shut my machines off when they are on the down swing. If you shut them down on the up swing they can really cook.
My method:
if the fan is running when I stop i let it idle until the fan stops and then turn it off.
if the fan is Not running its usually on the up swing so I let it run until the fan comes on and back off before shutting down.
this can really help avoid the 'heat soak' issue

·
Registered
420 Posts
lol sorry it does fit the temp cycle on these things pretty well though
my 70 Cyclone Spoiler however tends to run a sawtooth pattern. the temp spikes, the thermostat opens and the temp drops significantly and so on. The only way I can get that thing to be more consistent is to run with the hood off lol. I really need some aluminum heads for that cobra jet...taking donations :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
I ran mine most of the day today, in rain and heat. I never monitored the temps when I shut it down.
Once today I shut down without the fan running, when I cranked back up, the fan kicked on.
The rest of the starts and stops, not much difference.
I did notice most of the time when running the fan rarely comes on, only when crawling or idling do I see it coming on.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks cyclone I never thought of that, but it makes sense, I noticed that it is worse sometimes than others. And that's usually when my fan comes on as well rduhon, most of the time I'm going fast enough not to need a fan, it just bothered me how hot it got after being turned off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.