Polaris ACE Forum banner

Fender Flares

13K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Scoundrel 
#1 ·
Has anyone bought the factory fender flares. I put ITP 212 rims with ITP Mud Lite XTR Radials which are pretty aggressive tires and it just throws mud, water and rocks everywhere. I was just wondering if the flares kept the rider and machine at least a little cleaner.

#5 ·
I did the flares and they helped quiet a bit. The different wheel on the back still hangs out a bit more than the front causing a lot of mud to continue to fly. Its a 12 x 8 wheel with a 4+4 offset. I'm gonna get another set of the front 12 x 7 4+3 wheels for the rear, should tuck the tires real nice under the flares. Also plan to get the doors too.

#10 ·
Just got a set from EMP. Can't figure out how they install. Looks like I'm calling them in the morning. How's the finished edge look on the factory flares?
These look like somebody hacked them out with a dull knife!!!

#11 ·
I bought a set from someone who decided not to install them after buying them.
Mine also had the rough edge. I guess you could sand it to make it look better but I didn't bother.

To install them, I just pressed them up against the fenders, moved them around until I found what seemed to be the best fit, taped them in place, and started drilling holes and inserting plastic rivets. It is best to start at the bottom because that is where the fit is most important / complicated.

#13 ·
Ok that looks great! I'm just an idiot!

#17 ·
I bought mine second-hand (never installed) so I cannot say whether the original shipment included instructions.
But, they didn't really need instructions.

1. Start at the bottom (a tip from me).
2. Line them up.
3. Mark the holes.
4. Drill the holes.
5. Put the plastic rivets in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.