Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a question over on the Rzr forum, Ace section, a few weeks back and made a suggestion when several vendors responded. Looks like one of them followed through and now builds a After market skid plate - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net skid plate for the Ace that will actually provide full coverage, at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The Texan, thank for posting this. I will order one soon. My ankle has to recover a bit more from two surgeries before I will be able to install it. I would like some feedback from those of you that have installed these type of skid plates. Do you drill access holes for draining fluids and other maintenance access or do you remove the skid plat when performing maintenance. This plate looks like it would not only help with protection from rocks and stumps but it would also help with the fire hazard that goes along with the factory skid plates. All the large access holes in the factory plates provide a path for oak leaves and pine straw to pass through and accumulate under the engine, transmission and exhaust. I struggle with keeping the debris out of my Ace.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
What makes me grumpy is that in February when I bought my ACE, I called around to Factory UTV, UTV Inc, and one other vendor whose name escapes me right now, and asked about a skid plate kit for the ACE. I was told that they were working on other projects (read: XP1K) and had no plans to make one.

And the tone of voice with which that answer was delivered suggested that I was silly for asking. This was at a time when most of the ORV community was still looking down their noses at the ACE, before everyone grew up and realized that it's a fun little beast and not underpowered as everyone thought because they couldn't see past the CC numbers.

Anyway, I finally did end up with a skid plate for it, unfortunately without A-arm guards. But it took six months.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes you have, and like I said in my post on the Rzr forum, it does NOT cover the sides like the one from Factory UTV does. You need to cover the several inches on the sides that you leave exposed, instead of leaving them vulnerable to the rocks.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
It should be noted that Factory UTV also has A-arm guards available for less $ than the Polaris ones. They sell a complete kit, or just the skid, or just the guards.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Dood.

I called Factory UTV Monday afternoon to buy a set of A-arm guards.
I got the shipment notification an hour or so later.
I got the stuff today.

Great turnaround time!

·
Registered
552 Posts
When you guys get those arm guards take some good pics would ya? Maybe even with a few measurements. I think I'm gonna have to try and build a set. Thanks you're awesome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts