Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the ace got to go on its first major outing last weekend to hatfield mccoy trails. It did a lot better than i thought it would. The better half loves it now and wants to go back asap. The only complaint is the front end gets overwhelmed very easy on the trails. The rebound seemed to fast. The suspension would bang as the shock fully depressed with the front still in the air. And on some climbs the front end would jump from the front shock pushing back out. I would buy a double a-arm setup in a heartbeat if someone could make one. But it did end up doing a great job. The steering is out of alignment a little after 240 miles in two days. Only minor issue was when i stopped and she decided to ram the back of the rzr 1k. pushed the exhaust guard in on the rzr and bent the radiator on the ace. I only noticed because the fan was rubbing which it did when i first got it. We took the bumper off and readjusted it. You can actually bend the radiator by hand. When we got home i ordered the super atv rzr 800 replacement because the ace uses the same radiator as every rzr 800. The radiator bolted in after some minor bracket trimming but the bumper sits too close to use it without insane trimming. So i laid the radiator on a 2x8 and laid another on top and jumped on it and it straightened back perfect. It was just a slight twist across the core and nothing on the tanks. So i sent the super atv one back and am gonna leave it. Super atv let me try and fit it and took it back. Polaris wants 439 for a stock radiator. It didn't leak for 200 miles after the fact and isn't leaking now. No damage to the plastic bumper it just gave enough to put a minor bend . She got the ace stuck once on a black trail but the rzr didn't make it through either. We did a couple black trails and the ace crawled up everything like a champ.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts