Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So only my second time out on the Ace and where do we go? Some awesome ass dunes in Oklahoma, that's where!
Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Sand Motor vehicle

Being a relative newbie I wasn't as brave as others, but as the day wore on I got more adventurous. I chased my cousin around pretty successfully and he was in a Razr 900 with sand paddles. I didn't try to tackle the really big dunes, I left those to the sand rails and the NO2 equipped quads. But the medium ones were no problem with full throttle and AWD. I only got stuck once and that's just because I let off throttle too soon and I was in 2WD mode (for some reason).

This was all with the "Little" Ace. I don't doubt it would have been even more fun on the 570, but I'm really happy. I kept up in most cases with the larger Razr's. Speaking of that, I think I was the only Ace in the park. Lots of Razr's and Mavericks. I never was given any attitude about how little it was or anything. Most were very curious about it and how I liked it. In the dunes I had others watching me, even video taping. So that's a win for the Ace in my book.

I took some video. Sorry about the terrible editing. It was my first go at it and I had to use Microsoft's Movie Maker, which is a load of junk, but it got the job done. I did it ghetto GoPro with Duck Tape and my Galaxy S5. It worked surprisingly well. Better than my Cabella's whip (which broke in the first hour) and my left front trunk latch, which is now buried in the sands of OK.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
So only my second time out on the Ace and where do we go? Some awesome ass dunes in Oklahoma, that's where!
View attachment 3514

Being a relative newbie I wasn't as brave as others, but as the day wore on I got more adventurous. I chased my cousin around pretty successfully and he was in a Razr 900 with sand paddles. I didn't try to tackle the really big dunes, I left those to the sand rails and the NO2 equipped quads. But the medium ones were no problem with full throttle and AWD. I only got stuck once and that's just because I let off throttle too soon and I was in 2WD mode (for some reason).

This was all with the "Little" Ace. I don't doubt it would have been even more fun on the 570, but I'm really happy. I kept up in most cases with the larger Razr's. Speaking of that, I think I was the only Ace in the park. Lots of Razr's and Mavericks. I never was given any attitude about how little it was or anything. Most were very curious about it and how I liked it. In the dunes I had others watching me, even video taping. So that's a win for the Ace in my book.

I took some video. Sorry about the terrible editing. It was my first go at it and I had to use Microsoft's Movie Maker, which is a load of junk, but it got the job done. I did it ghetto GoPro with Duck Tape and my Galaxy S5. It worked surprisingly well. Better than my Cabella's whip (which broke in the first hour) and my left front trunk latch, which is now buried in the sands of OK.
Glad you had a good time....looks like a lot of fun. Where in OK are these dunes located?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad you had a good time....looks like a lot of fun. Where in OK are these dunes located?
The dunes are in western Oklahoma, near the panhandle. Little Sahara, OK - Sand Dune Guide

Geological phenomenon Map Fault Geology Aerial photography

They have camping and RV facilities. As my uncle discovered though, people are out all night in the dunes, so it can be a bit loud. Locally there is one hotel. It's pretty no frills, but it's clean and you can ride from your room. There is a small grocery and a gas station that cover pretty much everything else. There are a couple ATV parts and repair shops too, so you are pretty well covered there as well.

It's a good time and well worth the drive.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Thanks for the information

1 - 7 of 7 Posts