Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, been a member for awhile, but don't post much. Prefer to listen and learn. Anyway just wanted to throw up a quick post of recent experience. My wife and sons have been racing for a few years, but do to some health issues from military service in Iraq, I have been pit crew (sponsor/finance officer).
I can only ride for 15 to 20 minutes before my chest hurts to bad to continue. Was saving up for a power steering quad, but last year decided to take a chance on the Ace. No regrets, I love it. Has definitely increased my riding/family time. My wife and sons race with Oklahoma Cross Country Racing Association (OCCRA). Well they talked OCCRA into putting up a motion at their 2015 rules meeting (with special thanks to Cole Williams) for the Ace to be allowed in the utility class. The members past the motion and the Ace is now allowed in the utility class. Officers said if enough Aces start showing up they may give them their own class.
This last weekend my family and friends harassed and cajoled me into trying my first race after all these years. It was great. Went everywhere the quads went, only had a little trouble between two tight offset trees but I did it. (took 3rd out of 5. course 2 broke down but we don't have to tell everyone that.) hurt pretty good after the race but after a few days ( and a few meds.) I am ready to try again. So thanks to my family, friends, people who cheered and showed support around the track, the OCCRA members and especially the BIG GUY upstairs for allowing me to participate. So if your around the Oklahoma area come on out and meet some great people in OCCRA and don't leave me the only Ace on the track!

·
Registered
85 Posts
That's great for you and the family. Nice to see you get out there and participate instead of opening the wallet and toolbox for everyone else!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
awsome man! im currently still trying to get my arm to heal for a dirt bike wreck, so thats why i got an ace as well, loved it from the start but i put a power steering kit on it this weekend and it feels like a completely different machine! no steering jerks and it feels like the suspension takes bumps much better because of no jerking!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts