Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer was telling me that the floor boards on the 2015 changed from 2014. He said in 2015 they added a heel well (like they did from 2008->2009 RZRs) to make it more comfortable to drive.

Is this true? I've actually never seen a 2014 in person, so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Where there any such changes?

·
Registered
447 Posts
VirtualRider, my dealer also told me that the floorboard was changed in the 2015 model. I have a 2104 and I studied the 2105 models at the dealer and could not see any obvious change. Even the Polaris website states that lower doors and mud flaps that came out with the 2015 models will not fit the 2014. My dealer would not order lower doors for my 2014 because of this. Someone on the forum had installed them without any problem so I ordered lower doors and mudflaps for my 2014. The lower doors fit perfectly but I had to modify the mudflaps.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hayseed. There's a lot of 2014 models left around at local dealers, hoping they will get blown out soon, but I wonder if they are going to be white elephants as far as accessory compatibility is concerned?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I believe that all of the 2015 accessories will fit the 2014. Others have posted on the forum that their dealers have told them that. I don't know about the 2016 accessories. Other than a lift kit, I have my 2014 fully accessorized so it personally is not an issue for me. If was buying a 2014 now, I would certainly understand the accessory market before I purchased. When Racer Tech publishes instructions for their lift kit and if I think I can install it, I will order that and I will be finished. I ride at Hidden Falls and they have limestone ledges. I need a little more height to climb and even descend some of them.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I will send you a PM next time I ride there. I rode there with several friends June 19-21. We will probably ride again this fall after it cools off a bit.

·
Registered
447 Posts
It is located about an hour northwest of Austin, TX near the town of Marble Falls. It is 3,000 acres of Texas Hill Country with 240 miles of trails. There is 550 feet of elevation change. This is the URL for the park. They have a short video that shows some of the park. This park and Barnwell Mountain near Gilmer, TX are my favorite places to ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts