Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the 3rd time that I've had to take my ACE in because it was very hard to shift. Each time they replaced the ASM-Clutch, Oneway, and this time they said that the Primary Clutch Bearing was frozen. In addition to replacing the bearing they cleaned the clutches. I showed them the previous repair orders and asked why with only 2265 miles on the machine that the ASM-Clutch, oneway had to keep being replaced. The technician showed me how much fine dust was getting to the clutch through the intake duct. I have a good foam filter that I keep clean and oiled, but it still allows very fine dust to enter. The technician suggested that I cover the plastic intake cover with Frog Skin like Polaris has done on some of the newer models. Has anyone else tried this or had this kind of problem with your ASM-clutch, oneway, or your clutch bearing?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Before I learned about frog skins, I stole an old pair of pantyhose from my wife. Cut out the toe portion, which seemed to be the most tightly woven, and put the factory filter material in there and tied it in a knot to seal. Basically a pre-filter if you will. So far, so good.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bigmac, I'm glad I learned about frog skin because I'd hate for my wife to end up wearing pantyhose with the toe cut out. It would make her walk funny.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts