Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our new Ace may have a problem. The front tires look wrong, compared to any quad or SxS I have ever owned. The top is slanted in, like something is bent in the front end and they seem to be splayed out in the front. The in tilt at the top is not equal side to side, with the left side being closer to the shock than the right side. Has any one else had a problem like this? Have an appointment with the dealer next week to have it looked at.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
It is common for the toe adjustment to be wrong, sometimes wildly so, from the showroom floor.
It is also normal for the wheels to be slanted inward - closer together at the top than the bottom.
But it is NOT normal for one tire to be closer to the strut than the other at the top.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I test drove an Ace the other day and while I was standing there talking to the sales person I noticed that the tops of the tires appeared to tilt inward and one was tilted more than the other. I also thought it odd and wondered if it was setup correctly?

·
Registered
420 Posts
on machines with struts you will have the camber looking that way(tipped inward on the top, negative camber I believe) since there is no adjustment, although they should be even in theory. That is one major advantage of a double a-arm system, it allows for a consistent camber throughout the suspension travel.
It does seem that toe adjustments are way off from the factory. Mine was off only on the right side. I could see if the toe was off on one side it might give the illusion of mismatched camber as well. If its not toe making it look funny it could be many things in the suspension and hub assy. and even the wheel.
Hopefully your dealer will be able to figure it out successfully.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, we got the Ace back from the dealer and both the camber and toe were out on it. They reset both, but Polaris refused to warranty it because I had put 26" after market tires on it. Even though the local dealer was not the selling dealer, they were not happy with the Polaris decision and reduced the bill to a pittance for the work they did. Also had a pr of LED lights installed on the front bumper and they had a SPST rocker switch that they charged $9.95 for, which I thought was reasonable. I am more than satisfied with the local dealer.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Polaris can be such dicks.
The demo machines they took to the dunes and let people ride had 14" wheels with 27" tires on them.
You gotta bring your machine back to stock specs on any functional item (no worries about bling) before you submit ANY warranty claims.

·
Registered
421 Posts
X2 Worst customer service ever!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts