Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having highly excessive front tyre wear. Mainly used on asphalt two wheel drive unlocked. Will using 4x4 reduce the wear? Its an international version 4x4 2 and 2 locked

·
Registered
109 Posts
Check your toe alignment. Very common for this to be out of alignment

·
Registered
394 Posts
Asphalt and concrete will wear out stock tires faster than dirt, sand and gravel.
Alignment can wear out specific areas of the tire.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I am having highly excessive front tyre wear. Mainly used on asphalt two wheel drive unlocked. Will using 4x4 reduce the wear? Its an international version 4x4 2 and 2 locked
If you are using your ace basically as another car, you would probably be better off changing to some type of on road tire. The tires that come on the aces or most of the aftermarket tires are not made for that kind of continuous on road use, and will wear out very quickly. I doubt using 4 wheel drive will help with the tire wear Good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wear on the front tyres is even on both tyres with central wear only.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The wear on the front tyres is even on both tyres with central wear only.
That in an indication that the pavement is wearing out the soft rubber of the off road tires.
If you don't use it off road in rough terrain, I'd get some tires that look more like road tires on a car/truck.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Synthetic rubber Tire Tread Automotive tire Auto part like this ITP ultra GP tires cost is cheap and they are DOT approved

Reactions: Vandal
1 - 7 of 7 Posts