Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is anyone building an aftermarket skid plate that actually covers the bottom from front to back AND side to side. I have seen several that do a decent job of front to back, but none that also go completely side to side so that the plate also doubles as nerf bars to protect the sides. I know it can be done, as Shep's builds one for the Rzr and it works.

Come on folks, build what works and we will buy it.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they would add a couple inches to each side to protect the rocker panels, then it would be a complete system and worth every penny. I know it can be done, as Dick Shepard makes them for the Rzr and I have a set. Just little things like that make the difference between a mediocre product or an awesome product and I spend my hard earned dollars on what I believe to be awesome.....LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
Our Sportsman Ace UHMW skids offer full protection of the Ace's belly with a molded front curving up and around the leading edge. Forum member pricing is $389 + Shipping (use coupon code: ace-skid) UHMW is lighter and far more slick than aluminum. Aluminum grabs and drags on rocks (abalone fishermen attach aluminum to their boot bottoms to grab on slick rocks), rattles your teeth when you bash it and ends up getting deformed and rattling after use. UHMW is super slick and does a great job of absorbing hits with a dull thud. Our products have been tested and proven in the toughest off road environments by the top factory race teams in the country. In 2014 Factory UTV Support racers won every major Off Road Championship including SCORE, BITD and the ultra tough King of Hammers championships. We also offer an Ultimate skid package that includes A-Arm Guards and a nice package discount that includes shipping.

http://www.factoryutv.net/product-category/polaris/ace

·
Registered
99 Posts
So I have a couple of new dents in the rear factory skid plate on my Ace 330 from some rocky river crossings while out deer hunting here in NZ. I cannot see any retaining bolts to be able to remove this plate and straighten out? Do these after market skid plates go over the rear one? Does not appear as straight forward as I thought? Or have I missed something here?
Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I transferred my ricochet skids from my 570 to my 900, I did have have to do a mod to the front A-arm protectors to allow for the front anti-sway bar and a slight bit removed on the rear inside of the rear A-arm protectors, but other than that they bolted right on.

View attachment 29538
View attachment 29546

Based on the damage from 1500 miles on the 570 I'm glad I had them on! They got a bit more of a workout on the 900 over memorial day weekend in 200 miles of trails.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Gents,

I purchased the set from TrailArmor ($499 I think) made for the 900SP for racing my 900XC in BITD. I couldn't find anyone that made one for the 900XC when I bought, but I didn't have time to make one myself. It actually is about 3/4" - 1" wider than the plastic edges so it does protect a little bit, but doesn't round up on the sides. It looks pretty much exactly like the FactoryUTV one, but costs more. They say on their website that it is 1/2" thick, but I measured it and it is a little bit less than that. Now that I have a set, I will order the plastic from Curbell plastic and make my own when this set gets to beat up. After 650 race miles, it has taken a beating and only has a few deep scrapes in it. Overall it has done well. I made my own A-Arm guards and an extension for the front between the bumper and the TrailArmor because the frame was getting trashed from rocks.

Just my $0.02.

V22Driver

1 - 9 of 9 Posts